Downgrading from windows 8

ive got windows 8 on a new laptop… now ive never got to grip with windows 8 and would would like to downgrade to windows 7.

also the new laptop suddenly has limited access to the internet when my other devices are connected perfectly.

so my question is would downgrading to windows 7 sort out this problem :question: :question: :question: :imp:

When you say limited access to the Internet, are you referring to limited speed or something else ?

tachograph:
When you say limited access to the Internet, are you referring to limited speed or something else ?

Im connected but can’t access the net. I run the troubleshooter but it comes up with wifi ethernet problem and I can’t system restore.

Just to add, all other devices are fine.

If you have a network cable, then switch off the WiFi on the laptop and connect it directly to internet router.
If the internet works, then the WiFi settings on the laptop are not fully correct. Reset them and set it up again.
If it doesn’t then have a look that these links

Windows 8 WiFi problems 1

Windows 8 WiFi problems 2

As for downgrading to Windows 7, sounds easy but it isn’t. You’ll need to make sure there is a Windows 7 driver for
all the hardware in the laptop, a Vista driver may work if one is not available. Not unknown now for new laptops to
only have Windows 8 drivers available. Then you’ll need a genuine Windows 7 licence and disk, that can be properly
activated. Finally make sure you install the 64bit edition of Windows 7 not the 32bit otherwise it will only ‘see’ 4GB of
RAM if there is more installed. Oh yeah, you’ll also need a lot of time and beer to get through it. :laughing:

cheers col, sounds a little bit more than I know. :grimacing:

jessicas dad:

sounds like ur Wi Fi dropped out.mine does this now and again. I found rebooting router and doing the wap2 code again works

nick2008:

jessicas dad:

sounds like ur Wi Fi dropped out.mine does this now and again. I found rebooting router and doing the wap2 code again works

its the laptop problem as all the other devices in the house are ok.

My daughter and I had the issue of the wireless internet board in the laptop not working but worked with ethernet cable so I downloaded the ‘drivers’ from the internet when connected with the ethernet cable and … all works great again

I just googled wireless driver for compaq cq61 which is my laptop model and then downloaded

ROG:
My daughter and I had the issue of the wireless internet board in the laptop not working but worked with ethernet cable so I downloaded the ‘drivers’ from the internet when connected with the ethernet cable and … all works great again

I just googled wireless driver for compaq cq61 which is my laptop model and then downloaded

good idea rog, cheers,

jessicas dad:

You’d manage it easily. :grimacing: Then when you realise you can’t you’ll contact me. :smiling_imp:

I would go to the manufacturers site, and see if they have the w7 drivers for the computer, that makes it a lot easier…