Dover Haulier finished... Thread removal

The recent removal of the “Dover Haulier Finished” is a mystery… I am told that it should have linked
to a verifiable source… ■■ How about call 01304 831434 and ask for James Hart or Julie… They will tell
you the facts.
How about I offer to take at least one driver on to save him being unemployed… Fact
How about you check at companies house… a link is not allowed to be posted… Fact

What has happened has happpened… not through a malicious act to maek money out of company
failure but a symptom of the tough times ahead. Healthy discussion is good.

I understand the site has to be careful but hey… it all in the public arena… plus no mention of
the Leggett failure… typ in Leggetts toi your search engine and you will see the administrators
message appear !!

Free speech. ?

oh no neville you arnt allowed to much free speech tut,tut,TUT!!! as they say no smoke with out fire,

Leggetts thread is HERE

if you have a link to the Dover Company that is “rumoured” to have gone in to administration please post it , however as I’m sure you are aware rumours can damage a company so any information posted must have a verifiable link

to quote from the forum rules :

This industry has always been rife with rumours, I have forgotten how many times I have been told in truckstops and cafes over the years that XYZ hauler has gone bust, is in trouble etc and the huge majority are still trading succesfuly today.

This forum and the internet in general is not immune to those rumours, however the problem with the internet is that those rumours hang around, and can be found by many other people. 2-3 people in a Truckstop bar will have little impact. A post on an internet forum can be read by many more people.

If you want to post “Gossip” then please ensure it is based on more than " I overheard,"or “a driver told me”, do a little research before making a public statement about a companies position.

If you have some information about a company but cannot verify it, but are convinced it has some element of truth, then you can always Private Message me and I will look into the rumour via RBI’s many industry contacts and let you know as soon as possible what I have found out and advise whether it can be posted publicly

We will remove any gossip that is found to have no foundation in truth, to protect us,the poster and the company concerned. valid requests for information on a company will be removed temporarily and researched as far as we can and the results posted. Repeated questions on the same subject will be removed as well. and the poster referred back to the original.

If you have “New Factual Information” that can be verified then by all means post a new topic or add a reply to the origin

and unfortunately, the lawyers in this litigious society can make free speech very expensive - :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Ok then… The views expressed above are my views. They are not the views of the Website, Moderator or
any other person. If any person is not not happy with my views or can prove thast I am wrong then please
contact me… or indeed sue me.
Thanks

what about a answer on this, as has been posted else on this site free speech is
a right, yes this is a commercial site, and the owners dislike being put
in or on a spot. However all it takes is one of the mods to do some research and
confirm or show what is the truth:This site is visited by many different types of people from all over the world, some are living in areas that do not have
the freedom we have and so welcome such discussions, Mods lets have a reply
please or if not; a why not answer,

Pete:
I have asked the journo’s to look into this as as soon as we have an answer will post it… Certainly I could see no reports in the London Gazette
It being the weekend it will probably be next week before I get a reply.

Neville, I dont doubt what your saying, However, WE have to prove anything that could possibly be damaging or defamatory if we are aware of it. We were made aware of the contents of your post and until we can confirm it we have no choice but to remove it.

The law as it stands in this scenerio is a complete ■■■, I have said so many time, But as it stands if WE cannot Prove it AT THE TIME WE BECAME AWARE OF THE CONTENT and we dont remove it, we are as liable as the person who made the allegations.

Probably more likely to get sued in fact as the lawyers tend to sue those with the most cash :wink:

Thanks Rikki-UK; Much appreciated , the quick reply will be waiting to see
the result later on.

Penalties for late Corporation tax, penalties for late vat returns, hike in the price of fuel, paye, wtd, and now drivers have got too have 5 weeks holidays ( i can’t get 5 days!), to be honest if the first thread is correct i suspect the man involved will have squirreled away a few quid and will look back on these events in six months and consider it the best thing that could of happened, a friend of mine finished last year under similar circumstances and is now a different man, the old happy go lucky character is back, he has cut down on the ■■■■, his wife likes him again and he is running a mercedes taxi in excess of £2 a mile, he had 5 wagons an a hole heap of troubles, a year on he has no wagons, no worries and a life…

LRM

Now there is food for thought… Thanks

Neville:
The recent removal of the “Dover Haulier Finished” is a mystery… I am told that it should have linked to a verifiable source… ■■

IF. and I do say IF, this is the company being referred to…

INFO SOURCE

Legal Status: Company Dissolved
Report Status:Full Dissolved

Neville:
The recent removal of the “Dover Haulier Finished” is a mystery… I am told that it should have linked
to a verifiable source… ■■ How about call 01304 831434 and ask for James Hart or Julie… They will tell
you the facts.
How about I offer to take at least one driver on to save him being unemployed… Fact
How about you check at companies house… a link is not allowed to be posted… Fact

What has happened has happpened… not through a malicious act to maek money out of company
failure but a symptom of the tough times ahead. Healthy discussion is good.

I understand the site has to be careful but hey… it all in the public arena… plus no mention of
the Leggett failure… typ in Leggetts toi your search engine and you will see the administrators
message appear !!

Free speech. ?

I posted the Leggets bust on your thread & got a email from Simon saying that it was conjecture,after I had read it in East Anglia Daily Times ■■? Its lucky I don’t take this site seriously ! LOL

There is a few company owners who share information about company failures, Bad drivers, Bad payers,
and indded good drivers, payers etc… Its a lot quicker and more reliable than the Companies house system
or it seems the “London Gazette”

Neville:
Its a lot quicker and more reliable than the Companies house system
or it seems the “London Gazette”

And a lot safer for all concerned to either ensure a credible link to the story is posted in the thread, or the company is only named in private messages.

The thread about the Dover company has been verified thanks to a member who found it listed in the Lonodon Gazette… and has now been returned to the owner and fleet operators forum

Just out of curiousity - was the info I found relevent ?

The link only went to the opening page Rog, and there was no detailed info,

Was relevant Rog… As the link could have been followed by anyone and confirms
the point made… Its like trading on broken glass sometimes is it not ?

I am thinkng this whole business needs a shake up and some of the major UK operators
need to be standing up for themselves… before it is to late !!

Thanks for all the messages of support

Neville.

Rikki-UK:
The link only went to the opening page Rog, and there was no detailed info,

that’s odd - the link gave me all this info -

INFO SOURCE

Company Name:
GEOFF HART TRANSPORT LIMITED

Company No:01810728
Registered Office:
Incorporated:24/04/1984 SG BANISTER & CO
40 GREAT JAMES STREET
LONDON
WC1N 3HB

Company Type: Private Limited
Legal Status: Company Dissolved
Report Status:Full Dissolved
Accounts Type:Small Company
Latest Accounts to:30/06/2000
Latest Return to:30/06/2002

Rog, That company was wound up in 2002 with the final creditors meeting in 2006,
Its Sunday and I am not going to dig too deep as the pub is calling :slight_smile: But at first glance at least one of the directors of the company you found that failed in 2002 is probably a director of the one that has failed in 2009

Ah - sort of a same thing but different… got it - ta

I am saying nothing… It will only get removed… Except… You are /were on the right trail
Rog but needded to go the next next stage… GHT …beocmes Logistics GHT… Hey presto.