Dover harbour wall parking

Doing a job that I haven’t done for about 10 years Monday morning, picking the bananas up at Dover. Can you still park on the harbour wall over night ? Thanks in advance !

In short…no. Are you looking at parking the night before loading or loading then parking? If you are loading then parking then you may get away with it but going there the night before and parking is a no no.

skids:
In short…no. Are you looking at parking the night before loading or loading then parking? If you are loading then parking then you may get away with it but going there the night before and parking is a no no.

Got Milton Keynes drop tomorrow afternoon then down to Dover for reload so will be there tomorrow afternoon / evening. Last time I was there I parked right outside the place of loading ! Any idea what time they start loading down there ? Thanks for your help

Its either 6 or 7, cant remember sorry. I would park in Folkestone for the night then get in early so get done first as it can get busy some mornings.

Hammonds dont start til 7am I wouldnt park at the port as you got the tannoy going off every 15 mins which would drive me nuts

Some of ours do park overnight they go down there and park on the bays but i would go to folkestone or the truckstop at the top of the hill much queiter.

There is a lorry park at Folkestone Harbour (Harbour Approach Rd), I think its pay and display. Plenty of room and pubs etc a few mins walk away.

Thanks for your much valued help !

Currently on a 45 at Watling Street after tipping a load at Cadbury’s MK. I arrived at Cadbury’s at 3hr 32mins and left with 3hr 53mins despite only moving 3 times, once to the bay, second to the empty trailer and third back to the gate. Talk about being robbed of time ! These digi tacho’s need scrapping

Folkstone does not always have plenty of room at 20.00 last night it was full and security wasnt letting any more in.

The secret must be out, last time I was there it was deserted. Was a while ago mind.

mb14:
Folkstone does not always have plenty of room at 20.00 last night it was full and security wasnt letting any more in.

Usually the same on a Saturday night with everyone pilling in for weekend breaks but many of the earlier arrivals leave on Sunday. I’ve never seen it full on anything other than a Saturday night.

Do they still allow you to park straight ahead over the railway lines when the main park is full? Last time I was down there was 2009 and they were getting very funny about it then and it was very hit and miss as to wether you could or not.

you can park in the customs yard. get a ticket on your way in, then hand it in the next day. you pay by the hour.

limeyphil:
you can park in the customs yard. get a ticket on your way in, then hand it in the next day. you pay by the hour.

About £1.75 an hour I think.

skids:

limeyphil:

but you don’t pay for the first 3 or 4 hours. so not too bad, and they take fuel cards.

limeyphil:

is this the yard at the far end where the unaccompanied trailers are?

russell2587:

limeyphil:

No, its at the other docks at the other end of Dover. Customs clearance facility signposted when coming into Dover from M20/A20 or A2

skids:

russell2587:

limeyphil:

No, its at the other docks at the other end of Dover. Customs clearance facility signposted when coming into Dover from M20/A20 or A2

oh yeh silly me. Blonde moment lol

limeyphil:

skids:

limeyphil:

but you don’t pay for the first 3 or 4 hours. so not too bad, and they take fuel cards.

Isn’t that only if you’re actually clearing customs there? I seem to remember if you’re just using it for parking only, you pay for all time spent there? Hence why when we used to get our T Forms for Swiss the agent would stamp the back of our gate ticket so they wouldnt charge for parking at the customs desk unless there over 2 hours or whatever it was.

I parked there Saturday night. Went to pay Sunday morning and he gave me five hours free which was nice :slight_smile:

Sent from somewhere… Not sure where exactly but I’m probably only a bit lost :slight_smile:

limeyphil:

How do you know phil, did your mate tell you :question: you often state that you dont pay to park anywhere :smiley: :smiley: