Douglas bison mixers

can anybody remember the red bison mixers of douglas concrete Aldridge,or have any pictures of these lorries,also the sister company rapid metal developments who ran several ergo leylands bisons buffalos lynx and some aec mercury and mandators to.

i remember them,previous to red they were orange.rapid metal in stubbers grn road one of their drivers was john smith i think they made him redundant or he retired,but he came to sammy jones for a few months had a few nightsout with him,they were never dull lol :laughing:

hiya i knew a john scott he used to drive a bison with a sleeper cab on it then he moved onto an erf must be the same chap as he went onto jones,s from rmd he could always tell a story or 2.

ergomatic man:
hiya i knew a john scott he used to drive a bison with a sleeper cab on it then he moved onto an erf must be the same chap as he went onto jones,s from rmd he could always tell a story or 2.

thats who i meant scott not smith !!,had a habbit off dropping his false teeth into the palm of your hand !!!,lovely

Sorry it’s not a mixer Ergo.,if this is the company you mean but you never know what may come to light,taken 95/96
when brand new with not long to go and another nice livery about to bite the dust.It was a promotion pic but I can’t
remember if it was for Foden or the Mackworth body,could even have been the tipping gear.Mike :frowning:

That is the only DOUGLAS that I could bring to mind Mike, at one time we used to take chppings from Ballidon to their pit at Barton Under Needwood. Mr Douglas lived near the village and we were barred from using the main road through it (no weight limit though! :unamused: ) to keep him sweet and get orders! When they finally obtained stone from elsewhere we went through anyway as it was a short cut from the A515 down to the A38, though I did get reported once for ripping the door off of a Post Office van! :confused: Luckily for me I could prove that I was in Sheffield at the same time, someone in the village must have stored my reg number up for a ‘rainy day’. :wink:

Pete.

nice picture of the foden,be nice if it were a Leyland octopus,do you no a place called Anglesey sand pits they have or did have a ergo marshall skip wagon rotting in the quarry that was an ex douglas cryin shame really.