Double yellows & rude old man lol

I’m parked on double yellows now outside a Macdonalds having a 45. Not causing any issues, everyone can get past.
Non event in your case, every day occurrence. Folk are largely arses.

sent using smoke signals

adam277:
You were in the wrong but who cares?
I parked in a bus stop for a similar reason the other day. Bus pulls alongside me and informs me I’m in a bus stop and should move. I ignore him and he just sits there blocking traffic for about 1 minute just smiling, think he was motioning to the camera but I wasn’t paying attention.
I even left enough space for him to get in and out he was just being a jobsworth but unfortunately its part of the job to ■■■■ people off in this profession.
Also had a delivery down some stupid road that said unsuitable for HGVs(an understatement) and waited for about 5 minutes for a stubborn car driver to reverse back into a gap so I could move on, he got bored of shouting and taking photos eventually.

Double yellows were decommissioned as a criminal offence in 1991 ie councils now issue parking notices to cars, in relation to a bus stop, you are causing an obstruction and can be fined by TFL and other local authorities … in relation to the above if t was outside of permitted hours he can actually park on double yellows to load unload. Not all but some double yellows are parkable.

Rowley010:
Police won’t give a toss whatsoever

they’d only give a toss if he caused an accident if he poorly parked

mick.mh2racing:
I’m parked on double yellows now outside a Macdonalds having a 45. Not causing any issues, everyone can get past.
Non event in your case, every day occurrence. Folk are largely arses.

sent using smoke signals

You are correct about some folk.
But there are plenty drivers that follow that category.

If it is no problem where you are parked why do you think there are double yellow lines?

Maybe just for fun or maybe something you have not thought about like most who ignore restrictions.

Arse.

Sure you have to park where you have to park weather for a 45 or loading or getting out of the way
I would stop anywhere and the only time i would move is by being told by a proper man in a uniform job done

It’s easy to see why drivers in general are despised.
Can you imagine the utter chaos and problems there would be if we were all selfish arses.

Is it just me or are attitudes getting worse?
When I first started driving for a living in the 70’s people and drivers seemed to have respect for each other.
Granted far more traffic these days but I still respect certain things and think of others rather than just thinking of myself.
Consideration for others well being seems to have gone with a lot now.

mick.mh2racing:
I’m parked on double yellows now outside a Macdonalds having a 45.

But blocking the McDonalds drive thru with an arctic might be a bit OTT

Thanks for calling me an arse Dr Damon for flagrantly disregarding the rules of the road. It was about 6am, in a quiet back street, in the time I was parked there no more than a dozen cars came past me.
Yeah, double yellows are there for a reason which I have no idea why in this case.
Get a grip mate, no one died, everyone got on with their lives.

sent using smoke signals

2x stripes on kerb = depends on how lucky you are cameras/individuals etc…
1x stripe on kerb = safe

don’t listen to others, take it easy… :wink:

Ah,reminds me of multi dropping in London.
Half parked in a bus stop,because the loading bay had cars in it.
Along comes plod,and produces his ticket book.
“So what do you want me to do” says i “drive up and down Kilburn road all day…and hope it’s vacant…one of the times I go past”
He put his book away,and left.

mick.mh2racing:
Thanks for calling me an arse Dr Damon for flagrantly disregarding the rules of the road. It was about 6am, in a quiet back street, in the time I was parked there no more than a dozen cars came past me.
Yeah, double yellows are there for a reason which I have no idea why in this case.
Get a grip mate, no one died, everyone got on with their lives.

sent using smoke signals

Typical attitude of a lot of drivers these days. They decide it’s ok to break the rules because they cannot see a problem.
Why not find a place where you can park legally?

Too lazy or too selfish…who knows. Just the same as all the cars parked in a loading bay and Mr truck drivers comes along and gives them abuse.

Alright for one but not the other.

If we all stuck to the rules everything would run far smoother. and drivers would get less stressed and less fines.

I too have done multi drop and believe it or not most schools have no provision for deliveries. What would you suggest I do? Not deliver the stuff or park on the double yellows at 0930 when there’s no one on the street?
There’s a real world out there which isn’t perfect and just like the example in Kilburn, what’s the alternative?

sent using smoke signals

Dr Damon:
Is it just me or are attitudes getting worse?
When I first started driving for a living in the 70’s people and drivers seemed to have respect for each other.
Granted far more traffic these days but I still respect certain things and think of others rather than just thinking of myself.
Consideration for others well being seems to have gone with a lot now.

No. You are correct Sir.

The thing is, that motorists in general do what they want because they know they are not going to be prosecuted due to the lack of Police around these days. Driving standards have got worse in recent years, and will continue to do so.

I now always have the notion, that if you want to argue with me when I am all up at 44t, then it isn’t going to hurt me.

Ken.

commonrail:
Ah,reminds me of multi dropping in London.
Half parked in a bus stop,because the loading bay had cars in it.
Along comes plod,and produces his ticket book.
“So what do you want me to do” says i “drive up and down Kilburn road all day…and hope it’s vacant…one of the times I go past”
He put his book away,and left.

There used to be a pub in KIlburn high road and the warden used to come on the bus at the same time every wednesday.
He’d ticket the Tescos artic and then the dray lorries delivering to the pub.
Absolutely nowhere to stop except on double yellows, in london it’s inevitable.

There was an office in the centre of Bolton that we as a group of drivers stopped delivering because there was no where to park, the loading bay marked n the street was full of cars and we are a group paid our own fines of which there were half a dozen. Company even contacted customer who wasn’t interested. I’m the end. They stopped buying from us.

sent using smoke signals

jc69817:
Surely double yellows means no parking. You were not parked you were waiting which is not prohibited same whilst loading. Your not parked your loading.

Suggest you re-acquaint yourself with the Highway Code. Yellow lines indicate waiting restrictions…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk