double manning

Can you take a 45 minute break when double manning as driver number 2 when vehicle is moving, and how do you show this on card? thanks spottydog.

This may or may not help you…viewtopic.php?f=7&t=95313

Yes. Digital tachos won’t record break while the vehicle is moving though so authorites count the 1st 45 mins of POA as break.

Snowgo:
Yes. Digital tachos won’t record break while the vehicle is moving though so authorites count the 1st 45 mins of POA as break.

I know our VOSA do but do others across the EU ?

yep thats accepted all over, 1st 45 counts as break

Been stopped in france double manned and never had any problems doing it that way.

Sorry to go a little off topic but it’s in the same department, is it true maximum spread over when double manning is 21 hours ?
Something like 9 hours rest in a 30 hour period ?
Apologies if this has been dealt with before but I need to know.
Thanks , Jim

JFC999:
Sorry to go a little off topic but it’s in the same department, is it true maximum spread over when double manning is 21 hours ?
Thanks , Jim

Yes that is correct :wink:

Page 30 - Rules on Drivers Hours and Tachocgraphs

Where a vehicle is manned by two or more drivers, each driver must have a daily rest period of at least 9 consecutive hours within the 30-hour period that starts at the end of the last daily or weekly rest period.

JFC999:
Thanks , Jim

Yep, all true. I once did just that with a pal of mine…well, we stopped in the yard with three minutes remaining of the 21 hours…long story… :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Truckulent:

JFC999:
Thanks , Jim

Yep, all true. I once did just that with a pal of mine…well, we stopped in the yard with three minutes remaining of the 21 hours…long story… :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Cheers tacho I guessed you’d know , saved me looking it up idle hit that I am .
Truculent, long day for you and your mate, me and my co driver only managed a 18 hour spread over yesterday,630am to midnight what a day.

JFC999:

Truckulent:

JFC999:
Thanks , Jim

Truculent, long day for you and your mate, me and my co driver only managed a 18 hour spread over yesterday,630am to midnight what a day.

that’s 17.5 hrs :smiley:

green456:

JFC999:

Truckulent:

JFC999:
Thanks , Jim

that’s 17.5 hrs :smiley:

Sorry Green, I’ll adjust my time sheet silly me