Double Manning

Hi All,

Cannot find a definitive guide i.e the official one. How many times per week can you double man. Is four times per week permissible subject to normal daily driving time and breaks?

You can double man every working day of your career if you so wish. Although I’m not sure that’s what you are after. What specifically do you need to know.

If you think about the double manned ee outfits they do weeks out together.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

For me it’s non because I wouldn’t do it. :laughing: :laughing:

Jadeypup:
Hi All,

Cannot find a definitive guide i.e the official one. How many times per week can you double man. Is four times per week permissible subject to normal daily driving time and breaks?

Double manning isn’t subject to normal driving time and breaks as a ‘normal’ day double-manning is taken to be 30 hours

Can you rethink your question and ask us again? I’m guessing your a newbie so don’t worry about it, just write down exactly what you want to know.

DickyNick:

+1
The whole point of being a lorry driver is NOT having to work with anyone else! :laughing:

The-Snowman:

DickyNick:

+1
The whole point of being a lorry driver is NOT having to work with anyone else! :laughing:

Exactly :smiley:

[/quote]
+1
[/quote]
I did it for 14months full time and loved it , the ex missus at the time was blonde size 8 and fit , who could drive …we made good money !

Did it for 5…

Years, had a right good larf and made some good money too.

It’s like so many things in this industry, what suits some might not suit others.

You can do it every day,

But just like being single crewed you have a max of 144 hours between weekly rests (6x24) but as you come under a 30 hour period instead of the 24, it may mean you can only do 5 shifts. (Shift + rest has to fit into the 24/30 hour period)

Start Monday 0600 then the latest you can work up to is 0600 Sunday before starting a weekly rest. There’s no limit on the amount of shifts you can do, just whatever you can fit into the 144

essentially two nines or two tens bolted together first 45min of change over is counted as driving break even though its impossable to show break on the move must stand for nine hours in thirty in total
did it for about a year and a bit im amazed i stood it for that long you soon run out of thing to say sleeping is tough on the move it get easy to rub each other up the wrong way as well money is crap for the hours you put in you always end up pitching in while your on break etc more or less same route each week uk …france …spain and back had the ■■■■ taken more than once just gets on you after a while