Double manning

I am looking for companies that use two man crews to do continental work or even UK work to do double man driving.

If anyone knows of anyone looking for or wants a crew then please can you help us.

We are both experiance double manners and both experiance continental drivers mainly Spain, France, Italy, Germany, etc but willing to go anywhere. Both of us are advanced drivers and driving instructors.

Please help us to find a decent company to work for.

Thanks

James

Have you tried Willi Betz? :arrow_right: ( )

jammymutt:
Have you tried Willi Betz? :arrow_right: ( )

I was gonna say that :unamused:

i reckon your 5 years too late… muppets have gone…oops you said decent outfit :laughing:

g and s sholto cresant, belshill.

hitch:
i reckon your 5 years too late… muppets have gone…oops you said decent outfit :laughing:

so enlighten me hitch, what did you actually KNOW about murfitts? not hearsay, driver rumours or innuendo - actual factuals?

jj72:

hitch:

so enlighten me hitch, what did you actually KNOW about murfitts? not hearsay, driver rumours or innuendo - actual factuals?

Good question JJ… One I am sure me and a number of other members on here would be interested to find out

Have you thought of air freight companys, or asking a company from
the scandinavian countrys, what about animal transport.

what about Porters, uk work only deliver furniture to shops and homes depots all over uk one in tewkesbury a couple north west area

theres a firm in leeds called devanneys that do double manning crap money though.

will pm you details of where i work at weekend. double man to spain, up to 6 weeks away, odd return trip inbetween to swap trailers in kent. can be based northants or east london.

not easy replying using smartphone.

Roadhog:
will pm you details of where i work at weekend. double man to spain, up to 6 weeks away, odd return trip inbetween to swap trailers in kent. can be based northants or east london.

not easy replying using smartphone.

why not come straight out and say carr brothers of chelveston, northants?
give them a go.

call them today 01933 624091

there aren’t many other companies doing the 2 man team bit these days, unless you want to work or a lithuanian/slovakian/slovanian/romanian/bulgarian/estonian outfit.

You could try Europa at Erith in Kent, not far from the Dartford crossing.

They used to double man to Italy, Spain and I think Scandinavia.

bullitt:

to be honest bullit i can’t remember the last time i saw one of their trucks over the water, i think they use subbies now.

s & j pearce use double man teams, not sure if it their own trucks but they have their name on but i know they use a lot of subbies too and as they have no colour scheme it’s quite easy to tell your subbies to put the name on the trucks they use.

you could always try putting your own truck on for someone but you will be competing against foriegn operators on the rates with most big transport companies.

bullitt:

I`m fairly sure there using eastern bloc labour now bullitt

The truth about murfitts is that they recruited direct from the SAS and the drivers are barred from every routier in france for fighting…HaHa

On a serious note if your looking for double manned work to europe try:-

CONTINENTAL EXPRESS - 01992 719095

The man to speak to used to be john mead and he’s a good bloke.

They run around 10 double manned loads a week from the uk down to Gib. for safeways.

Cheers
neilf

The truth about murfitts is that they recruited direct from the SAS and the drivers are barred from every routier in france for fighting…HaHa

My god! Rikki never told me that! :open_mouth:

Do I have grounds for divorce…? :stuck_out_tongue:

:wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jimintheus:
I am looking for companies that use two man crews to do continental work or even UK work to do double man driving.

If anyone knows of anyone looking for or wants a crew then please can you help us.

We are both experiance double manners and both experiance continental drivers mainly Spain, France, Italy, Germany, etc but willing to go anywhere. Both of us are advanced drivers and driving instructors.

Please help us to find a decent company to work for.

Thanks

James

www.fernandez.lu
lederer interway=andreas lederer,huetschlag-salzburg,austria,
willi betz,

JB:

bullitt:

I`m fairly sure there using eastern bloc labour now bullitt

Doesnt surprise me… it was about 10-15 years ago when they ran their own or subbies trucks double manned.

Didnt Brian Yeardley run a double manned service to Italy?