Double Manning Questions

Hi all, another bone question from yours truly :smiley:

I’m double manning tomorrow and have a couple of quick questions.

First off, do we swap card slots when we swap seats? I’m guessing yes and I take it the card removal will be eject > finish for day - no > printout - no for both then just change slots? When I then printout at the end of the day all of my day will be recorded?

Second, as I understand it my first 45min in the passenger seat under POA count as a break. Now when we stop for what would normally be other work (me not doing any work, just the driver doing the other work) would I change to break or leave it on POA? For example, we swap over, other man drives 20 mins to delivery, he alone does the delivery and I am still at rest. When we stop, would I change my symbol in slot 2 to rest or stay as POA for the first 45 mins then carry on normal jogging?

Cheers once again,

A.

You do remove your cards when you swap over as only slot 1 records drive time. When you put your card back in it will ask you for a manual entry, select yes then enter what you were doing since you swapped cards. Your printout will show that you ejected your card then reinserted it and it will also show the manual entry too.

Thanks very much, that clears that up!

Do you know about the POA/Break situation? I’m trying to get as much info as I can but it mostly seems to be for long distance work where there isn’t any other work going on.

A.

Adonis.:
Thanks very much, that clears that up!

Do you know about the POA/Break situation? I’m trying to get as much info as I can but it mostly seems to be for long distance work where there isn’t any other work going on.

A.

If you stop and you aren’t doing any work then stick it on break. Keep doing this everytime you stop as it may either stay on POA or default to other work. I personally wouldn’t bother ■■■■■■■ about with POA, more trouble than its worth.

As already said - when you swap seats swap your cards round so whoever is driving is in slot 1. There may be a need for a manual entry depending how long it takes to swap cards.

When the vehicle stops slot 2 will remain on POA unless you change it, in which case it will remain on whatever you select until the vehicle sets off again. Yes I would select break if you aren’t working but that bit is up to you.