Double manning question

According to the vosa manual if i’m double manning the co-driver can take his break (45mins) in the cab while his mate is driving even though you can’t set the 2nd driver to rest on the digi tacho. So if i rest for 45mins in the cab drive for 4½ hours, stop and swap over, then rest in the cab again while he is driving.
Question —won’t this show up as a driver’s hour’s infringement when the card is downloaded?

Banquo:
According to the vosa manual if i’m double manning the co-driver can take his break (45mins) in the cab while his mate is driving even though you can’t set the 2nd driver to rest on the digi tacho. So if i rest for 45mins in the cab drive for 4½ hours, stop and swap over, then rest in the cab again while he is driving.
Question —won’t this show up as a driver’s hour’s infringement when the card is downloaded?

no

No the first 45 mins is considered to be break.

Banquo:

Yes it will, dependant on the analysis software.

Be careful with the wording, you cannot take a rest in a moving vehicle, you can only do other work, or poa. However VOSA have agreed that the first 45 minutes of POA will be accepted as break.

Don’t worry they have also agreed this with other member states. It is a design fault with the original tachograph specification, generally called a ■■■■ up

Wheel Nut:
Be careful with the wording, you cannot take a rest in a moving vehicle, you can only do other work, break or poa. However VOSA have agreed that the first 45 minutes of POA will be accepted as break.

FTFY :wink:

You can’t have rest in a moving vehicle but there’s nothing to stop you taking a break in a moving vehicle as long as you’re not doing any work.

The first 45 minutes of POA in the passenger seat whilst multi-manning is counted as break because the number 2 card slot cannot be set to break whilst the vehicle is in motion.

Wheel Nut:
It is a design fault with the original tachograph specification, generally called a ■■■■ up

I agree with that :smiley: :wink:

@ Banquo
If it shows up as an infringement give it back and suggest that your company advises the analysis company to rewrite their software :wink:

tachograph:

Wheel Nut:
Be careful with the wording, you cannot take a rest in a moving vehicle, you can only do other work, break or poa. However VOSA have agreed that the first 45 minutes of POA will be accepted as break.

FTFY :wink:

You can’t have rest in a moving vehicle but there’s nothing to stop you taking a break in a moving vehicle as long as you’re not doing any work.

Apart from there isn’t a mode for it, trust me it was a considered answer :laughing: As soon as the wheels turn, both driver cards only record driving, other work, or POA

The first 45 minutes of POA in the passenger seat whilst multi-manning is counted as break because the number 2 card slot cannot be set to break whilst the vehicle is in motion.

Wheel Nut:
It is a design fault with the original tachograph specification, generally called a ■■■■ up

I agree with that :smiley: :wink:

@ Banquo
If it shows up as an infringement give it back and suggest that your company advises the analysis company to rewrite their software :wink:

Many thanks for your answers Wheel nut and Tachograph, can i ask you while your here, do you know if the digi tacho recognises the wtd of having to have a least 15 min break after 6 hours work/driving/poa? I have feeling i’m getting infringements because the doublemanning break allowance.

Banquo:
Many thanks for your answers Wheel nut and Tachograph, can i ask you while your here, do you know if the digi tacho recognises the wtd of having to have a least 15 min break after 6 hours work/driving/poa? I have feeling i’m getting infringements because the doublemanning break allowance.

Whether you get infringements for working over 6 hours without a break isn’t really down to the tachograph, it’s more to do with the analysis companies software.
The same applies to the first 45 minutes of POA whilst multi-manning.

I thought the second driver could take a rest in the cab as long as there is a bunk even when the vehicle is moving,if he’s in the passenger seat then he/she must be on POA

martyh:
I thought the second driver could take a rest in the cab as long as there is a bunk even when the vehicle is moving,if he’s in the passenger seat then he/she must be on POA

Where on earth does rubbish like this come from?

Have you downloaded a copy of the regs?

Its free from here - dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/R … Europe.pdf

schrodingers cat:

martyh:

Where on earth does rubbish like this come from?

Have you downloaded a copy of the regs?

Its free from here - dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/R … Europe.pdf

Well i will admit i’m still learning the regs ,and obviously i shouldn’t listen to the other drivers too much as clearly they have learning to do as well