Double manning daily rest question

Can any ody confirm(or not) that a 9 hour daily rest when double manning counts as a full daily rest and therefore if the rest of the week I were driving alone I would still have 3 reduced daily rests available. When reading the rules online it just says that a minimum of a 9 hour rest must be taken in a 30 hour period, with no mention of how many times or reduced rest, so I assume that means it isn’t a reduced rest.
Or not?
Thanks

“Where a driver utilises the multi-manning daily rest concession (of 9 hours rest in a 30 hour period) that rest period cannot be counted as a regular daily rest as it is of less than 11 hours duration.”
gov.uk/guidance/drivers-hou … vers-hours

The 3 reduced rests (between weekly rest periods) rule still applies. The only real difference is that from the moment a shift starts, you have 30 hours to complete your daily rest, be it a reduced daily rest or a standard daily rest.

Glad I checked.
Thank you to both of you for clearing that up for me.

What about if double manning and the second driver drives continuously for 3
hours plus. Can driver 1 use this towards the daily rest and therefore count as 11hours when combined with a 9 hour daily rest. Or does the fact that the vehicle is moving or that the tacho shows it as POA affect it?

WheelzRturnin:
hours plus. Can driver 1 use this towards the daily rest and therefore count as 11hours when combined with a 9 hour daily rest. Or does the fact that the vehicle is moving or that the tacho shows it as POA affect it?

Don’t think so I believe daily rest must be taken with the vehicle static.

WheelzRturnin:

Check on the link already posted, but from memory when double manned: the first 45min counts as break in a moving vehicle…or similar?

Yes, I know that the first 45 mins count as break but unsure if the first 3 hours can too.
Will check the link to see if it says.

WheelzRturnin:
Yes, I know that the first 45 mins count as break but unsure if the first 3 hours can too.

Definitive answer is
The 3 hours can be break but not rest
Reason = rest cannot be taken in a moving vehicle and that applies to split rest

Thanks Rog.

ROG:

WheelzRturnin:

Definitive answer is
Reason = rest cannot be taken in a moving vehicle and that applies to split rest

If the vehicle is moving won’t the tacho automatically go to POA for the 2nd man? Not remain on break for 3hrs or whatever?
This is why “the first 45 min of POA is counted as bresk” on multi manning ops.

Franglais:

ROG:

WheelzRturnin:

Definitive answer is

If the vehicle is moving won’t the tacho automatically go to POA for the 2nd man? Not remain on break for 3hrs or whatever?
This is why “the first 45 min of POA is counted as bresk” on multi manning ops.

Manual entry can sort that out but what would be the point in making 45 mins into 3 hours of break = none