Double Decker vs Single Decker

Nothing superior about pulling a DD they are a pain in the r.send especially in high wind or taking a longer route because of bridge hights

We all look like knobs compared to 360 excavator drivers.

Similar cost to get your red card operator licence as it is to gain CE. £15-£20 per hour and 35 hours a week on site vs 60 hours at £10 per hour. I know which one is better…

Tucker9037:
You all envy a fully loaded car transporter carrying over £200k worth… mwahhaaaaaahaaaaa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would I envy that? I carry a more valuable load than that in our Sprinter vans…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Roymondo:

Tucker9037:
You all envy a fully loaded car transporter carrying over £200k worth… mwahhaaaaaahaaaaa

Why would I envy that? I carry a more valuable load than that in our Sprinter vans…

Wages… Simples

switchlogic:

Tucker9037:

Pfffttt, that’s nothing, try pulling a fridge with millions worth of pharmaceuticals

Ahh, but the tricky bit is not getting caught…

Simonob88:
Double decker trailer drivers- do you feel superior to those who only have a puny single decker trailer in tow?

When I’m pulling a DD I can see the envy on the SD drivers who just wish they had something that tall. I look on these Single Decker drivers with the same contempt I do car drivers.

I would like to know your opinions on this as I’m making a delicious stew that needs a good stirring.

I pull both but I’ve never heard as much ■■■■■ as this on here, you must have very little to think about.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Tucker9037:

Roymondo:

Tucker9037:

Wages… Simples

I get paid the same regardless of the size/weight of vehicle I am driving :slight_smile:

Tucker9037:

Roymondo:

Tucker9037:

Wages… Simples

Doesn’t always work out though, i earn more now (and did so around 7 years ago when i started here) per every hour worked, averaged out, than i did on the cars.

All parts of the industry go through peaks and troughs, i find its best to keep an open mind and follow the money.

Reef:
Hmmm, I think we’ve just unwittingly discovered why we don’t have rigid double deckers though, it’s impossible for a driver to feel inferior and superior at the same time and the unstable mixture of emotions could completely destabilise the whole UK haulage industry…

Poundland and Enviromental Health Care have got them :slight_smile: what about urban deckers do they have same effect?

Would you Adam and Eve it!

I saw one of these in a filling station as I was taking the dog to the vet earlier (that’s not a euphemism btw I was actually taking my GSD to a vets appointment)

I must admit I have either never seen or never noticed double deck rigids. But my God I bet they are an absolute pig to drive. Wonder how often agency get them to have a lie down lol

simcor:
I must admit I have either never seen or never noticed double deck rigids. But my God I bet they are an absolute pig to drive. Wonder how often agency get them to have a lie down lol

The SRCL ones are a pig although only driven the artics rather than the rigids. Part way through the shift you’ve got the upper deck full of very heavy wheelie bins containing clinical waste, and the bottom desk full of nice empty ones. Makes them rather interesting to drive around tight hospital car parks.

Can’t comment on laying down, but according to the guy I was with, it happens. One advantage however - they are all manuals so most agency will refuse to drive them. :smiley:

Reef:
Hmmm, I think we’ve just unwittingly discovered why we don’t have rigid double deckers though, it’s impossible for a driver to feel inferior and superior at the same time and the unstable mixture of emotions could completely destabilise the whole UK haulage industry…

Think I’ve seen SRCL rigid double decks,either that or they just like them to be really really high singles.

Reef:
Yeah I found a couple more too…

Who the ■■■■ thought that was a good idea when at the design drawing table…pmsl… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

AndrewG:
Who the [zb] thought that was a good idea when at the design drawing table…pmsl… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The accountant probably. :unamused: :laughing:

Toddy2:

Tucker9037:

Huh, £200k - we can get £4m + on here :unamused:

Somewhat impressive, but the question is: what side do you put your ratchet straps on?

Do you get paid any extra for pulling a dd trailer? Nope thought so.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

tango boy:

hanson:
Give me a flat trailer no worries on heights

Depends if you have a tall load though Nigel :wink:

Keep it below the headboard tim you should know that

Mazzer2:

SuperMultiBlue:
Only big boys pull DDs. You’re right about the envy. Always makes me smile. [emoji38]

Lol always laugh at the DD boys pulling a load and a half for the same wage as a man pulling one load, your bosses must love you moving half a load for free each time

Taking that viewpoint, when you cube out rather than weigh out, does that mean you are pulling half a load not a full one? Does that mean I can pay you half as much?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Tucker9037:

Roymondo:

Tucker9037:

Wages… Simples

I bet i can can earn more in 2days pulling one car than you do in a week. Its all subjective.

I bet i can can earn more in 2days pulling one car than you do in a week. Its all subjective.