Double decker under 14,6 bridge lol

Anyone else see this numpty try fit double decker under 14,6 bridge in trowell the tractor unit was completly off the floor driver didnt look to botherd sign posted for around 5miles and divershion signs someone got to have some decent pics i got one but ■■■■

Not today’s incident but apparantly it’s a regular target for tall drivers.

Imgur

This one ?

thisisnottingham.co.uk/Lorry … z2RPf1VQTC

:angry:

fingermissing:
This one ?

thisisnottingham.co.uk/Lorry … z2RPf1VQTC

Yep thats the one

Dieseldoforme:
Not today’s incident but apparantly it’s a regular target for tall drivers.

Lorry in low-height bridge collision at Trowell, Notts | Flickr

when you look at your pics from flickr, that trailer of peppers don’t seem to be more than a 4.2 mtr

Paint your wagon.

Bridge Strike Mess.png

This ones from the local paper
ilkestonadvertiser.co.uk/new … -1-5617860
Not the best pic but shows what was done :unamused: :unamused:

sheet happens :smiley:
some of us have been lucky and some aint

stobarttrucker:
sheet happens :smiley:
some of us have been lucky and some aint

16’ under 14’6’’ will never go regardless what you think :unamused: :unamused:

Winseer:
Paint your wagon.

Nothing to do with a bridge strike, the truck rolled on the interstate ramp

Yay, 1 less axor on the road, happy days, hope the chassis is bent to ■■■■…!!!

Don’t look like a dd to me, just a 15ft plus trailer. Maybe the bloke usually pulls 14ft trailers and that was an odd ball. The speed he hit that looks like he had total confidence it would go under, just an oversight, albeit a very costly one, like clumping a car because you didn’t check your kerbside mirror. Once it catches you once, never again

Today, pulling a decker around, going around Queens Road / Alan Turing Way / Pottery Lane etc (1 road, lots of names) in Manchester, heading from Cheetham Hill to Hyde Road, came upto a bridge, knew it was there, didn’t realise it was 15’9 though, so had to do a nice reverse, blind side into a side street to spin it round.
The number of trucks that squeezed past, even during the actual blind side, was unbelievable, you’d think that they’d see what’s happened and stop and help maybe?

Anyway, just checked Google maps / streetview and there’s no warning of that bridge until the bridge itself in that direction, none at the cross roads, none at the lights, no point of no return, just BAM here’s a 15’9 bridge mate, you tempted to try it■■?

My sat nav was trying to take me a different way, but I’d ignored it thinking I knew better - change to the usual eh?

Don’t you just love it

Trains still running but may close when an enginer arrives

bit ■■■■■■■ late by then if the bridge falls down

Spreading this across other threads too, I am just wondering what you all think someone is worth per hour, if he manages to hit a bridge in a truck, whether its a 11ft truck into a 10ft bridge or a 16ft truck into a 15ft bridge.
For me it just beggars belief to be honest, especially when its a box or tautliner where the height is fixed, irrespective of whats loaded. :unamused:

psv8:
Anyone else see this numpty try fit double decker under 14,6 bridge in trowell the tractor unit was completly off the floor driver didnt look to botherd sign posted for around 5miles and divershion signs someone got to have some decent pics i got one but [zb]

Ha ha! Yeah, let’s all laugh at the numpty driver who made a genuine mistake and will probably lose his job. Isn’t it funny when people ■■■■ up.

It’s a small mistake or lapse of concentration with big consequences. In most professions, mistakes are easily covered up or at least not public. If we make a mistake, it could lead to serious injuries to us and others and thousands or even hundreds of thousands of pounds in damage.

Yet here we are with drivers willing to work for poxy wages, 80 hour weeks and laughing at another drivers serious misfortune.

MikeCunn:

psv8:
Anyone else see this numpty try fit double decker under 14,6 bridge in trowell the tractor unit was completly off the floor driver didnt look to botherd sign posted for around 5miles and divershion signs someone got to have some decent pics i got one but [zb]

It’s a small mistake or lapse of concentration with big consequences. In most professions, mistakes are easily covered up or at least not public. If we make a mistake, it could lead to serious injuries to us and others and thousands or even hundreds of thousands of pounds in damage.

Yet here we are with drivers willing to work for poxy wages, 80 hour weeks and laughing at another drivers serious misfortune.

Not a small mistake really is it :unamused: how hard is it to plan you’re route around the size of the trailer you have on? Only way I have sympathy with him is if there has been a road closure a d he got diverted that way.

There is no excuse, ALL bridges have height markers/signs, drivers are too lazy to measure their loads/trailers, and if a driver ignores the warnings, he should lose his licence, sorry, but its the only way that this profession, can gain good repute, and thats by punishing those, who by their own stupidity, puts other peoples lives in danger, by not acting as a professional, or indeed planning a route they are not familiar with, checking the height of their vehicles, or indeed doing the basic checks. I read of many cases of drivers ( on this site ) who openly state they do not do a good walk round check, or dont do this or dont do that, these are the baddest of the bunch, who believe the rules are not meant for them, And until drivers realise that driving up to 44t vehicles ( not heavy haulage for they always act in a professional manner ) is Not a god given right, they have worked for it, some have paid for it, and yet treat it not like it should be, then there will always be accidents and fatalities, like this one.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Not a small mistake really is it :unamused:

Yes, it is. As I said, ‘It’s a small mistake or lapse of concentration with big consequences.’

It can be very easily done when you’re lost, to miss a sign or take a wrong turn. As another poster said, the speed he went under gives the impression he thought the trailer was smaller.

I hope you never make a mistake and do something wrong, then all of your fellow drivers will be lining up to laugh at your misfortune and let you know in no uncertain terms that they are better than you.

No wonder we don’t have a strong Union when we have a thread with ‘lol’ in the title about a truck hitting a bridge.

truckyboy:
ALL bridges have height markers/signs,

No, they don’t, Mr Professional.