double deck trailers

Oh yes - just thought.

If you want to use the Dartford tunnel, the western tunnel (the one on the left) is only 15’ 9’’ high. We have to use the Eastern tunnel with our 'deckers.

The Eastern tunnel is 16’ 6’'.

Reef:

paul@midway:
Remember some back rub after you have had to stoop to do the bloody straps up :laughing:

:laughing: Oh yes being 6’ 2" im totally with you on that one :laughing:

Our beloved Megadeckers aren’t particualrly well thought out - most flatpacks are taller than the rollcages, so when one comes on for us to tip, all the tall stuff is on the headboard. Being as I am 6’4" and a bit, if I’m on and off to help empty the headboard, I’ve got a crouch, grab lumps of wardrobe, and sort of scuttle sideways so as not to a) bang my head or b) bash the driver in the head. Most undignified. :slight_smile:

Our beloved Megadeckers aren’t particualrly well thought out - most flatpacks are taller than the rollcages, so when one comes on for us to tip, all the tall stuff is on the headboard. Being as I am 6’4" and a bit, if I’m on and off to help empty the headboard, I’ve got a crouch, grab lumps of wardrobe, and sort of scuttle sideways so as not to a) bang my head or b) bash the driver in the head. Most undignified. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

I’m only 5’7" and had to bend to avoid head bashing while handling roller cages on the step. Kind of makes a mockery of all the health and safety notices you see about keeping backs straight to avoid injury, doesn’t it!

didnt get one in the end, ■■■■■■■ transport office asked if ive ever driven one before, told her no, but i would have a go as id had a lot of good advice :wink: .on what to do
dont think she was convinced advice was enough to just let me off on my own with one so gave me a single deck.

I drove one for years and i found them better than a single decker in the wind because of the lower centre of gravity
The problems comes when there is not enought weight on the bottom deck when you are heavy on top
a bit like my wife really :laughing:

I drive deckers most days and so far no major probs. As has been said many times common sense must prevail.
Loaded they are fine no real difference, empty and in windy conditions hmmm my seat had teeth marks in it as I held on for dear life till I got over Shap.
Our DDs have 2 ton of ballast over the fith wheel which also helps.

AND,how is the Job :question:

Trog:
I drive deckers most days and so far no major probs. As has been said many times common sense must prevail.
Loaded they are fine no real difference, empty and in windy conditions hmmm my seat had teeth marks in it as I held on for dear life till I got over Shap.
Our DDs have 2 ton of ballast over the fith wheel which also helps.

Trog.
sounds like your at halfords.Ru full time or agency?
I left 3 weeks ago.And i’d never heard the name trog mentioned.

Tony b