Dorset haulage firms lose licences after fatalities

Have you heard? Translact gets a re-birth it’s now re-formed as a Venlo Transport Company- So now employing foreign drivers is ok as they are a foreign Company. Robert Taylor (Translacts former Director) and Nigel Powell (was Nigel Powell Transport) have teamed up to form “Liquiline Ltd” please see

liquiline.co.uk/

It cleary states each individuals role within the company what they fail to mention is that their O License is a dutch one for Venlo Transport who also has the same director - Mr Robert Taylor (strange for a dutch bloke unless they are one and the same)

(content removed)

MolePower:
A great family success story that was bought to an end by greed :frowning:

that sums up the industry, as it is today! :open_mouth: AMEN! :unamused: :cry: :imp:

I don’t blame VOSA for taking so long. The paperwork trail can take ages to follow.
No sympathy for the driver or operators.
The rules are there for a reason.
Very sad for the family who lost thier relatives.

But Vosa take the O License and he gets banned for being a Director for 8 years, yet here we are with him owning a new company and having an O License, I have no idea why Vosa don’t look into this more carefully and try to put a stop to it. [content removed) I wish people like this would leave the transport industry alone and let the decent hauliers get on with the job and eventually rates would go back up and in turn wages etc and the world would be a much better place!

wonder if the governor happened to be in the same masonic lodge as the traffic bods?

manalishi:
wonder if the governor happened to be in the same masonic lodge as the traffic bods?

I doubt it seeing as Translact and Taymix lost their licence to operate - and the new companies are not owned by the people named,(we have checked) and they do not have a UK operators licence, so unsure how “masonic” influence is relevant . In many ways and for too many people Translact and Taymix was a disaster, a lot of folks got hurt/burnt, but the companies have been gone a good many years and while we do not condone the past mistakes, unless you have evidence of wrongdoing today joining TruckNet to simply conduct a vendetta (not aimed at you manalishi) is not what these forums are for.

We have looked into and asked some questions regarding the allegations in the the two threads , one created and one resurrected by a new member- who hasnt posted on any other subject, and our investigations show that we were right to remove his allegations - its was full of half truths and comments he could not support. in not one of the allegations made that were removed can we find a basis in fact

We are not supporting the debacle that Translact and Taymix became and the deadful consequences, but neither are we going to be the conduit for vengeful half truths and innuendo.

Driving 16 hours without a break? i doubt it.
Does he not eat, or pee?
I know how prosecuters work.
He may have had a couple of split breaks. They would say, “He didn’t stop for a statutory 45 minute break”.
Did he drive, or was his duty 16 hours? But either way, I’m suprised they didn’t say “He didn’t have any rest in 24 hours”. Just to make it a bit more explosive.

If they can get a guilty plea from an easy target, Then they will.

HGV and PSV trials should be dealt with by the traffic commisioners that know the rules. It shouldn’t be dealt with by the courts and TC’s. One but not both.

Once again the miss-information brigade are out again.

Liquiline Ltd is nothing to do with Translact being reborn, Translact was owned by Taymix and was
closed down when both companies lost their “O” Licence, Robert Taylor started Liquiline after he was removed
as a director of Taymix and has no involvement in Taymix and there is no law to stop him starting his own
company in another EU country.

I have been involved with both Translact and Taymix as a subcontractor for many years now, I had 3 trucks
running for them when the accident happened and still run for Taymix now.

We were never pushed at any time to break the law, always paid on time, the equipment was first class, the
driver involved in the accident had not driven 16 hours without a break, he had 9 hours off at Dartford, waiting
for a trailer that one of my drivers loaded and sent unaccompanied on the Vlissingen ferry to Dartford.

Most of the drivers were convicted for offences that most of us commit at some time, (loading/unloading off the
card was the main one) the police gave evidence that drivers being paid when they were on 24/45 hr weekend break
meant that if they were paid they were still on duty, the court agreed, fined the drivers for not having 24/45hr breaks.

The company was involved in an accident that unfortunately involved the death of 2 innocent
people, a great tragedy, but the police and VOSA had a job to do and they did it, with a vengeance and the company lost the licence,
if VOSA did the sort of investigation that this involved on any of our big well respected hauliers, most would be having
sleepless nights.

Taymix were aloud to re apply for a new licence but the police and RHA objected so they withdrew the application,
I am impressed with the way Rory Taylor has handled him self over this, he is a very impressive individual who has
kept going when many would have just given up to keep the company going that his father started, this is a well none
and respected company that has been involved in supplying animal feed products, transport was a side line but played
a big part in the business.

They now use about 20 subcontractors to pull their trailers, Taymix were and still are a very good company to work
for, the paper work a subcontractor has to fill in when starting is comprehensive, I have worked for lots of companies
and non have given me this amount of application forms to fill in.

I hope all the drivers that comment on this company with only the information they have heard or read
but have had no personal experience of working with them will stop knocking them, I have been a driver
and company owner for 38 years and can say with experience that NO driver can say he or she has never
broken driving regulations or construction and use regs… NOT ONE DRIVER!

Well said alan

alanjblack:

Liquiline Ltd is nothing to do with Translact being reborn, Translact was owned by Taymix and was
closed down when both companies lost their “O” Licence, Robert Taylor started Liquiline after he was removed
as a director of Taymix and has no involvement in Taymix and there is no law to stop him starting his own

I have been involved with both Translact and Taymix as a subcontractor for many years now, I had 3 trucks

We were never pushed at any time to break the law, always paid on time, the equipment was first class, the
driver involved in the accident had not driven 16 hours without a break, he had 9 hours off at Dartford, waiting
for a trailer that one of my drivers loaded and sent unaccompanied on the Vlissingen ferry to Dartford.

Most of the drivers were convicted for offences that most of us commit at some time, (loading/unloading off the
card was the main one) the police gave evidence that drivers being paid when they were on 24/45 hr weekend break
meant that if they were paid they were still on duty, the court agreed, fined the drivers for not having 24/45hr breaks.

The company was involved in an accident that unfortunately involved the death of 2 innocent
people, a great tragedy, but the police and VOSA had a job to do and they did it, with a vengeance and the company lost the licence,
if VOSA did the sort of investigation that this involved on any of our big well respected hauliers, most would be having
sleepless nights.

Taymix were aloud to re apply for a new licence but the police and RHA objected so they withdrew the application,
I am impressed with the way Rory Taylor has handled him self over this, he is a very impressive individual who has
kept going when many would have just given up to keep the company going that his father started, this is a well none
and respected company that has been involved in supplying animal feed products, transport was a side line but played

They now use about 20 subcontractors to pull their trailers, Taymix were and still are a very good company to work
for, the paper work a subcontractor has to fill in when starting is comprehensive, I have worked for lots of companies

I hope all the drivers that comment on this company with only the information they have heard or read
but have had no personal experience of working with them will stop knocking them, I have been a driver
and company owner for 38 years and can say with experience that NO driver can say he or she has never

I can confidently say that I have NEVER broken a Tachograph regulation nor have I ever broken a RWTD regulation so please don’t speak for me when you say that EVERYONE has broken the rules

BigJohn666:
Have you heard? Translact gets a re-birth it’s now re-formed as a Venlo Transport Company- So now employing foreign drivers is ok as they are a foreign Company. Robert Taylor (Translacts former Director) and Nigel Powell (was Nigel Powell Transport) have teamed up to form “Liquiline Ltd” please see

liquiline.co.uk/

It cleary states each individuals role within the company what they fail to mention is that their O License is a dutch one for Venlo Transport who also has the same director - Mr Robert Taylor (strange for a dutch bloke unless they are one and the same)

(content removed)

Do they need an operators licence, Dutch or otherwise? :wink:

We have a large pool English, Dutch and Polish sub contract hauliers and owner drivers who we use on a traction only basis to deliver our loads, and we are able to provide them with full back up, including Fuel Cards, Tyre and Breakdown Service and Short Sea Shipping.

NewLad:

alanjblack:

sleepless nights.

I can confidently say that I have NEVER broken a Tachograph regulation nor have I ever broken a RWTD regulation so please don’t speak for me when you say that EVERYONE has broken the rules

This was posted in 2012, so I concur with Alan, everyone has cocked up at some point and broken the law! :laughing:

NewLad:
Can you tell me why it wouldn’t be legal I just don’t understand why. At the moment I’m having a 36 followed by a 36 followed by a 63 to repay the 18 reduced

Wheel Nut:

NewLad:

alanjblack:

sleepless nights.

This was posted in 2012, so I concur with Alan, everyone has cocked up at some point and broken the law! :laughing:

NewLad:
Can you tell me why it wouldn’t be legal I just don’t understand why. At the moment I’m having a 36 followed by a 36 followed by a 63 to repay the 18 reduced

It is true that I asked that question because that is what my work wanted me to do, now if you continue reading that thread I went and spoke to my employer who changed it so that I had a 36 one week and a 45 the following I then repaid my reduced rest on the monday by finishing at 4 pm and not starting again until 22:00 on the Tuesday. So like I said I haven’t EVER broken and Tachograph or RWTD laws your welcome to send VOSA round to look at my records also

Hi Newlad.

I still stand by my statement that NO driver can hand on heart say they have NEVER
broken Tacho or Construction and use laws.

I dont want to get into a personal slanging match with any driver but I have never come across
a driver that hasnt ever had a digi tacho down loaded a NEVER had it register an infringement
of any type, never driven a truck that has no defects at any time.

If you drive every day, doing around 1500 mile plus a week, you will have things go wrong
whether it was known to you or not, if a light bulb goes out while on route, a tyre has a slow
puncture, a small air leak appears, you over speed on a hill, you go a couple of seconds over
45 mins ect, it can happen to the best of us, they are all technically faults that can, if stopped
by a die hard enforcement officer, land you in trouble.

To state that any one has never broken the law, knowingly or not, is full-hardy.

On the other point about “O” licence, yes you need one for any EU country, the same rules
apply as if you were operating in the UK, you just apply to any country, and if you fill the
application requirements you can get an “o” licence, even if disqualified in another country.

16 hours without a break… Notice though how all the scrutiny is on the concept of “driving” a long time, rather than being on duty the same amount of time, but then doing somewhat less driving at the end of a shift. I’ve been banging on for ages about the lack of recognition that “running bent by being at work too many hours” seems to have over sheer driving “ghosters”.

Someone is going to be just as sleepy had they been on duty 15 hours, then driven for the 16th hour on top of that, as compared to a straight 16 hour drive straight through…

Don’t complain if VOSA book you for being 15:01 in other words. :neutral_face:

bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/7 … atalities/

TWO Dorset haulage firms have had their licences revoked by government traffic chiefs in the aftermath of a fatal crash.

Sister companies, Translact Limited and Taymix Limited, who share commercial premises in Pimperne, near Blandford, will lose their operator’s licences from April 19 and June 7 respectively.

The ruling follows a public enquiry after Neville and Cheryl De’Ath were killed on a section of the A303 in Wiltshire in March 2007, after their car was hit by a 44-tonne Translact tanker.

Now, Traffic Commissioner, Sarah Bell, has published a scathing report into the conduct of the firms’ directors.

Disqualifying Translact director, Robert Taylor, from holding an operator’s licence for eight years, Miss Bell said the period was “appropriate and proportionate” for him to consider “just how far below the required standard of required behaviour he has fallen.”

“Robert Taylor has, over a sustained period, shown a complete disregard for the law. His conduct prior to the fatality was an affront to the Operator Licensing regime,” she wrote.

Mr Taylor had “actively condoned and connived” with drivers to falsify their tachograph charts over a sustained period of time, she concluded in her report.

Translact Limited escaped disqualification after assurances that the business is to be closed, the report said.

His father, Rory Taylor, a director of Taymix Limited, will see the firm’s operator’s licence revoked on June 7 following a “loss of repute”

in connection with the fatality.

A “very high hurdle” would have to be cleared by Rory Taylor to persuade her that his repute, or that of Taymix, had been restored to a level required to regain a licence, she said.

Translact driver, Maciej Szcygiecki, was jailed for four years on a charge of dangerous driving after admitting driving for 16 hours without a break.

Manslaughter charges against Rory and Robert Taylor collapsed in May 2009. The pair were fined several thousand pounds last September for breaking health and safety regulations.

:open_mouth: :cry: :confused:

chris_g:
Translact driver, Maciej Szcygiecki, was jailed for four years on a charge of dangerous driving after admitting driving for 16 hours without a break.

Manslaughter charges against Rory and Robert Taylor collapsed in May 2009.

It would be interesting to know what is meant by “collapsed”. Possibly the CPS decided to play “shoot the driver” and let the actual perpetrators get off with it. For as long as this happens, unscrupulous bosses will continue to pressurise drivers to run bent.

Well what do you expect with a name like that !!!

Shame to see the companies go but more importantly sadness that lives were taken to find such problems…

a big shame for the taymix company although i have no sympathy for the directors , i’ve known a few people who’ve gone through the translact ranks , & none have been over happy with the job & have left when been asked to do just that bit more than they should as well as the ones who do a few days here & there but would never go full time with them . it got so bad it’s reputed that a good half of the drivers were polish as they couldn’t find drivers here to run like they wanted .

whey for the family farms pig business was first started with a tractor & trailer but the first lorries were ex RAF Bedford QL fuel bowsers. then the buy out of a local haulier in 1957 got them up & running proper & was named DW Taylor& sons (transport)ltd it sort of kept going from there . re-named Taymix transport in 1965 handled animal feeds & liquids .& later general haulage
to get food grade liquids contract Translact Ltd was formed in 1992
A great family success story that was bought to an end by greed :frowning:

got the full history in a book called Family Affairs (Illustrated Histories of Haulage Contractors from Somerset & Dorset) by Michael Marshall

really good book with some great pictures in it :slight_smile: a recomended read