Doom and gloom

How are you quarry boys fairing with the building slowing down? we have gone really quiet this month don’t know if its just our place or whether the end is nigh. :frowning:

We’ve been ok so far in our quarry but I know other places are slowing down rather a lot because there are so many of em’ in our place! :unamused:

However, there are about 5/6 brand new contract 8-leggers turned up lately so someone must be making something? :confused:

As for the building slowdown - I think you’re probably right, there is a new housing development near me - planning for 250 houses, school, doctors surgery etc. They’ve been building there for about ten months and have about 25 houses fully built…they’ve sold…none - not a single one (it is on a flood plain but even so!).

Maybe tough times ahead, how long has it been slack down your way Pursy?

ive heard that persimmon homes has put a block on building anymore new homes, there are another couple of builders that have followered suit. :open_mouth: :confused:

also that door company at j39 on the M1 has shut down 3 lines of making doors due to persimmons dropping out of the market. so there we are it does have a knock effect.

Also while I think of it, Hansons have shut a big brick and block place in Caernarfon. Things ain’t lookin rosy.

We work for Hanson and have heard that 2 sand and gravel pits in the midlands will close at the end of April.1 is meant to be worked out but the other near Stoke has plenty of life. I am replacing 1 of my 8ws with a new one this year and I hope she falls in the North Sea on her way over. Trouble is we have been waiting so long for delivery,everything was rosie when I ordered it.

gordon brown says every thing is ok, he is priminister and he would not tell us lies would he

Very slow on the muck shifting front,nothing to get your teeth into just one or maybe two days per job.The outlooks not to rosey either.
Thats why were all in Hammers quarry :laughing:

little Elf:
Very slow on the muck shifting front,nothing to get your teeth into just one or maybe two days per job.The outlooks not to rosey either.
Thats why were all in Hammers quarry :laughing:

:wink: