Don't you just love the dvla

done an online application for change of address on my licence, straight forward (hoping they’ll be kind enough to update my hgv entitlement as I only noticed same day it’s up for updating feb16 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: I don’t even know what bit is to be updated ie medical or whatever) anyway I’ve got one card back … a new DQC card, what’s that about, my old ones still valid till 2019 and that don’t even have my address on it, hope there still thinking of updating my ticket :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , on another note I want to update my digi card (old address) and the application say’s not to send your digi card off but just your licence (which is in there hands) I believe the new digi card’s don’t have your address on, so will I be alright to carry on using my existing digi card with my old address on it?

u have to notify digi section at dvla yourself other bods wont do it for u they will tell ya use your old till new 1 arrives then send old back or destroy :smiley:

If your digi-card is still in date, you have no need to send it in if the address is incorrect.

ye thats what i said but u have to inform digi/card dept of new adress

There is no need to inform the ‘digi card’ department of the address change. They take their data from your driving licence which you have now updated.

If you look at your new DQC has the data at No 3 on the front changed? This is the date and where you were born. My licence used to say HALIFAX (I know!!!) as did my DQC. When I changed the address they changed the place of birth to UNITED KINGDOM and also sent me a new DQC with UNITED KINGDOM on it instead of HALIFAX.

I rang to ask why the new DQC and that’s the reason why - a change of detail produces a new DQC.

There again I could be wrong and there’s some other reason for your new card.

Back in August I did an online change of address for my driving licence, the new one arrived quickly with an envelope to return my old licence. The expiry date for the HGV entitlement stayed the same at May 2016 (my 50th birthday).
My digicard doesn’t have my address on so didn’t apply for a new one and I read in the leaflet there was no need to apply for a new one as long as you inform the DVLA of a change of address by applying for a new licence.

Then in October I sent in a postal application for my driving licence and digicard as I had legaly changed my name and wanted to change my photo too. The cost for changing your photo is £17.00.
The digicard came back with my new details and a note saying to download my old card and return it to the DVLA within 28 days. The expiry of this new card is the same as the old card
My licence came back separately a few days later but this time the Hgv entitlement has been extended to expire 5 years from now. So my next medical is now due in November 2020 instead of May 2015. Apparently they will do this only if you’re applying to update your photo in a postal application!
I couldn’t find any details of how to apply for a new DQC but a week later a new one with my new details dropped through the letter box anyway.

Some interesting reply’s, update:- got licence back right address but not updated :frowning: :frowning: :laughing: so now I have to do a medical :imp: now it’s only due in Feb 16, can I apply early ie I have a medical booked for 23 Dec or is that to early?

bump, anybody know if I can submit a medical early?

The medical is valid for 4 months, so if you have it on 23 December you’ll be OK