Don't you hate it when

…the company that has been training you for your module 4 successfully trains you, but come test day fail to arrive with trainer, truck or indeed haven’t even booked your test slot because they’ve gone bankrupt?

Because that irked me.

Wheels Are Round:
…the company that has been training you for your module 4 successfully trains you, but come test day fail to arrive with trainer, truck or indeed haven’t even booked your test slot because they’ve gone bankrupt?

Because that irked me.

I think “irked” is a very restrained comment! (Wouldn’t have been my words!) :smiley:

Sorry to hear that pal! :frowning:

Understated emotion post of the year.

Flip me mate what a crock of crap that is.

And the trainer is/was■■?

Name and shame. Save other folks some grief perhaps.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Happened to me too, many moons ago!

Luckily we had booked it on a credit card, so we managed to get the full amount reimbursed from the credit card company.

Hope you get it sorted quickly.

Terrible mate. Sorry to hear this

Absolute [zb]s

It was The Licence Centre

In their favour, they’ve at least been honest about their closure but it would’ve been nice if someone had at least warned me so that I would turn up at the test centre with no actual test to take like a complete muppet.

edit: It’s even in ROG’s list of recommended driving schools (England/Dorset).

Ah shame you had not read the advice on this site first about brokers. Personally I went to Atkins because they have been trading for years and years, had their own yard, their own trucks and busses and their own class room. Sorry to hear of your situation and hope you can overcome this set back :frowning:

They weren’t a broker, they were a driving school and were a recommended one at that. I had actually read about brokers before booking so was very picky about who I finally went with. I visited them, checked out their yard and their trucks, met one of their instructors etc. So everything was on the up and up, I’ve even got my cat C through them so it’s not like they were out to scam me. They trained me for my CPC but in the intervening week they unfortunately went belly up.

I should probably PM ROG and tell him to remove TLC from his list of recommended schools.

Yeah email Rog and tell him. Ah mate that is real bad luck, don’t know what to advise, I guess there are a few people wanting money back but if they are bankrupt that’s it. Hope you get a lucky break somewhere down the line to make up for these tragic circumstances. :cry: