Dont think Clacket Lane MSA is a rip off!

Yes,the parking is not cheap,but the boss pays me back for that,when the hours are up,where else can you go in the area off the M25,those nice bankers and stock brokers wont want a 44 tonner blocking the view of their shiny new Porcshe 911 if you park in a small town.
The point is,you get TWO meals,with a £10 meal voucher,if you bought the meals on their own,it would cost £7 to £8,so if you are hungry,you can have bangers and mash and a chicken tikka for a pudding.
Two cleaners decided to clean the tables to my left and right,and a guy behind my table was doing the floor with those machines that ■■■■ out water and ■■■■ in dirty water,so i could not eat in peace,well it is a public place,they are only doing their job too.

[/quote]
Yes,the parking is not cheap,but the boss pays me back for that,when the hours are up,where else can you go in the area off the M25

You could go into Reigate there’s a free lorry park there and load’s of places to eat !

I suppose the point is two meals is still £10 too much if like most MSA meals thy are verging on inedible

I have seen some trucks parked underneath the large exit roundabouts,under the bridges,off the M25,there is room,is this legal?

Dog food Luke■■? :stuck_out_tongue:

Where is the free lorry park in Reigate ?

pancho:
Where is the free lorry park in Reigate ?

Gloucester rd

Thanks for that 1 Welshman. Found it on google maps now & 1 for future reference.

pancho:
Thanks for that 1 Welshman. Found it on google maps now & 1 for future reference.

Pleasure

If you drop down to the A25 there’s a couple of decent laybys, also on the A22 north from the M25 jct 6.

Be interesting to see what the new services between 9 and 10 will be like.

Maybe the new services will have a dedicated drivers lounge,no general public allowed in,and free Wi-Fi,a generous meal offer,new showers.
I do wonder who was the first MSA to charge parking,compared to Europes free parking,but saying that,some places on the continent,have cottoned on to the money making and set up barriers and pay for parking over the water.
If you add up the charges for 5 to 6 days a week parking,you have actualy bought that section of land,over a year it is thousands of pounds.A bit a wee stained tarmac,and a mile walk to the services.
If you stop all over France,you can get a 5 to 6 course meal for 12 to 15 euros,starter,soup,mains,pudding,coffee,cheese board,all served on white lined tables,with staff in uniform.Jugs of wine,or bottomless,some are not so good,acidic and cheap.

toby1234abc:
Maybe the new services will have a dedicated drivers lounge

Clackett Lane used to have dedicated drivers lounge’s. Not sure why, but they closed them.