Dont see that everyday on the A14

Driving up the A14 back towards base this afternoon, and out the corner of my eye i see’s a bloke walking round a field playing the bag pipes.

did anybody else see him as i had already taken my meds for the afternoon :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lay off the LSD boyo lol.

You sure you hadnt cycled into sockland by any chance ■■? :laughing: :laughing:

Yes mate I’ve seen this bloke a couple of times! Wearing a kilt and the rest of it! I had to do a double take the first time I saw it!

My oppo keeps on about him. Near Cambridge, stood on a concrete plinth?

theres also a guy who goes into a field on the Bicester ring road, by the launton roundabout sometimes, with his bagpipes!

Yes mate I’ve seen this bloke a couple of times! Wearing a kilt and the rest of it! I had to do a double take the first time I saw it!

yep , ditto . I never posted on here about it as I feared being laughed off the forum :blush:

Does anyone know why he thinks it’s normal to play a multipack of Vuvuzelas next to one of the busiest roads in the country :question: :question:

Goaty:
My oppo keeps on about him. Near Cambridge, stood on a concrete plinth?

well he was walking when i saw him,just past the A11 turn headng w/b just south of cambs, 3 or 4th field on your left :laughing: :laughing:

shade:
yep , ditto . I never posted on here about it as I feared being laughed off the forum :blush:

oh i’m used to that, just pleased i wasnt seeing things :laughing: :laughing:

shade:

Does anyone know why he thinks it’s normal to play a multipack of Vuvuzelas next to one of the busiest roads in the country :question: :question:

Makes perfect sense - better than making that racket anywhere near civilisation :laughing:

I used to know one of the SAS Drivers who used to play the Bugle in his Truck :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Deepinvet:
I used to know one of the SAS Drivers who used to play the Bugle in his Truck :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I was parked up one night beside a Scottish lad outside Peterborough who played what seemed to be playing a top “100 bugle hits” cd at full pipe, followed by “Now 99 - top 100 bagpipe hits”

Did my [zb]'in head in

youtube.com/watch?v=skhdqkO1eSU

There ye go, don’t say I don’t spoil you buggers! :wink:

I have a friend who plays the bagpipes, most considerately he practises in the countryside, away from me and the general public. He has to march as well so it all goes to keep him up to standard.

He had a gig at a funeral recently, out in the sticks, where he had to play “Amazing Grace”, note perfect. Unfortunately he arrived after the cortage had left and the grave was already partly covered but a gig is a gig so he gave it some welly by the grave then marched solemnly away. One of the “gravediggers” turned to his mate and said,“Stone me, I’ve never seen anyone celebrate the installation of a septic tank before!”.

theres a bloke lives near me he’s often seen stood in a field playing the bagpipes from a distance it sounds quite nice.

Cruise Control:
Driving up the A14 back towards base this afternoon, and out the corner of my eye i see’s a bloke walking round a field playing the bag pipes.

did anybody else see him as i had already taken my meds for the afternoon :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hes a regular there, i thought i was seeing things first time i saw him. reckon ive seen him 4 or 5 times now.

On my way to Jedburgh, always used to stop for a cuppa and a square sausage tattie at carter barr, then listen to the lone bagpiper on the border… Bliss…

shade:

If you stood close to someone blowing the living daylights out of bagpipes you wouldn’t need to ask :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

thank god im not the only one thats seen him… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: i thought id gone mad also :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There used to be a bloke stood at the top of the A4124 past Heath Town in Wolverhampton who used to sing opera
during the morning rush hour about 20 years ago.