Don't pull your tacho card

In those ‘‘mugshots’’,. is that old bird amongst them that used to have a bit of a reputation for being a bit of a notorious and strict hard liner ?..who used to pompously lecture and pontificate to drivers and operators showing them little mercy…

But was then followed and videod driving her car by a bus operator ,.and went on to break every ■■■■ traffic law and speed limit in the book…allegedly :unamused: :laughing:
As far as I remember,.and as if by magic (and coincidence apparentlly) that operator had his O licence removed soon after on some charge or another.

Moral is (as with every form and organisation of authority :unamused: …)
One rule for them and another for everyone else.
Cross them at your peril.

If that offends or embarrasses anybody on here, tough ■■■■ ,.truth sometimes hurts.

robroy:
In those ‘‘mugshots’’,. is that old bird amongst them that used to have a bit of a reputation for being a bit of a notorious and strict hard liner ?..who used to pompously lecture and pontificate to drivers and operators showing them little mercy…

But was then followed and videod driving her car by a bus operator ,.and went on to break every [zb] traffic law and speed limit in the book…allegedly :unamused: :laughing:
As far as I remember,.and as if by magic (and coincidence apparentlly) that operator had his O licence removed soon after on some charge or another.

Moral is (as with every form and organisation of authority :unamused: …)
One rule for them and another for everyone else.
Cross them at your peril.

If that offends or embarrasses anybody on here, tough [zb] ,.truth sometimes hurts.

No Rob that was Beverley Bell.
This one has the same surname, that’s the only connection.

peirre:
Dear Traffic Commissioner,
Came you have a word with the transport secretary Grant Shapp and tell him he’s a bellend for allowing the changes in extended drivers hours to cope with the driver shortage

+1
enough bods running around with eyes like ■■■■ holes in the snow without making things worse.

not as it will affect me, and the company i work for won’t want anything to do with it either, same as last time notices will have already gone up to inform drivers to ignore this rubbish and stick to known legislation, not as we run anything like close to limits unless summat goes wrong.

dieseldave:
This is going to take some explaining, but here goes…

There was some suspicion as to the credibility of former TN member “Bogbrush.”
I include myself in that.

If this person really is a Traffic Commissioner then the original post was thoroughly unprofessional and disrespectful to that office.

Why knock the op ? Is it not better to have almost direct contact with such a person ?
rather than a Dvsa personnel that sometimes can’t give a good answer to issues ?

Punchy Dan:
Why knock the op ? Is it not better to have almost direct contact with such a person ?
rather than a Dvsa personnel that sometimes can’t give a good answer to issues ?

It’s an excellent idea in principle Dan, but presenting yourself on a public forum as “Bogbrush” and alluding to being “happy with the current arrangement of my face” is not what you would expect from somebody in a position of high authority.

You run and operate a highly professional and well respected business Dan, and you are entitled to expect the same standards from those who regulate your industry

Green Devil:

Punchy Dan:

It’s an excellent idea in principle Dan, but presenting yourself on a public forum as “Bogbrush” and alluding to being “happy with the current arrangement of my face” is not what you would expect from somebody in a position of high authority.

You run and operate a highly professional and well respected business Dan, and you are entitled to expect the same standards from those who regulate your industry

I see your point and thank you for the compliment,I see this as a good opportunity for straight answers on grey areas :wink:

It’s a missed opportunity really

It would have been more appropriate if the OP had approached the admin with a view to starting a Q&A forum to discuss topics that drivers are unsure about with input from a serving TC.

That would make for interesting reading and improve standards. Not sure what it would do for fine revenue though :wink:

Green Devil:

Punchy Dan:

:unamused: Lighten up man ffs, I’d rather have somebody with a sense of humour (deffo true with a tie like that :laughing: ) than some officious up his own arse patronising type.
On the other hand his o/p.was a classic case of stating the bleeding obvious.
At least after I accept the guy is genuine, he comes across as being approachable tbf.
As for Q&A that is where PM s would come in handy.

OwenMoney:
I think we should start a sweepstake . I put 10 shillings on the lady top left with the fake Monty Python-esque beard

If we’re going to have a who dunnit sweepstake
My money is on Dopey, in the dining, with a manky orange, and I claim my five ponds

Statutory Document number 6 covers all this.

For those who wish to download it.

gov.uk/government/publicati … nuary-2016

Welcome to the Traffic Commissioner whoever she may be.

In my mind we had a perfectly respectable traffic examiner who could be relied upon. Geebee 45 had experience in the field, on his horse or in a testing station, if you get as far as visiting a T/C you have already been caught for something serious.

The TC makes the final decision on your livelihood after the courts have fined you and the jury hung you out to dry!

It would be interesting to hear the Traffic Commissioners thoughts on HGV drivers using Cannabis seeing as it is a trending topic. :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t think it’s within a TC’s remit to up our wages or to force a reduction in hours. HTH.

the maoster:
Don’t think it’s within a TC’s remit to up our wages or to force a reduction in hours. HTH.

Surely as an authority figure though - they have better access to the corridors of power than we plebs do?

Someone needs to send Grabber Gribble at Parliament a message…

Wheel Nut:

In my mind we had a perfectly respectable traffic examiner who could be relied upon. Geebee 45 had experience in the field, on his horse or in a testing station, if you get as far as visiting a T/C you have already been caught for something serious.

The TC makes the final decision on your livelihood after the courts have fined you and the jury hung you out to dry!

It would be interesting to hear the Traffic Commissioners thoughts on HGV drivers using Cannabis seeing as it is a trending topic. :stuck_out_tongue:

My thoughts on HGV drivers using cannabis are that they shouldn’t.

I think it’s great to have access to a TC on here.
It will be very helpful to get an informal opinion on various subjects.

Welcome to the forum, hope you stick around.

Traffic Commissioner:

Wheel Nut:

Succinct reply!
But first: Hello, and welcome.

Traffic Commissioner:

Wheel Nut:

At least we agree on something, long May it continue Nick.

To be fair, the intentions of the TC seem a well intentioned preventative measure as opposed to the punishment measures which he/she will be so used to giving out.
I suppose in terms of reaching the intended recipients, the majority of drivers aren’t on trucknet and the ones that are take the time, in amongst all the guff that gets posted, to inform themselves.

As I understand it T.C.s are servants of the Department for Transport, and as such obey(?) enforce(?) follow(?) the rules of the DfT.
My question is how much does the DfT ask the TCs for advice and opinion? Assuming you agree prevention is better than cure or punishment, isnt it better to avoid those circumstances where infractions or rule breaking is likely to occur? More specifically, what of parking for over-nighting drivers? The DfT lays down rules about the limits we can work, and also has responsibility for the road network *via* Highways England. To avoid drivers running over hours shouldnt there be more parking areas for trucks?
It isn`t an ideal world, with unlimited resources, but do the TCs or you yourself, have opinions on this?