Don't Nanny me!

I went shopping today with the Boss lady and on the list were cold relief potions. Now both my duaghter and I have colds at the moment, but we battle on (waits for sympathy,…still waiting for sympathy) bravely.

On the way round we pick up 4 packs in total of said medications but when we get to the till…" Sorry sir we can only let you have 2 packs"

“Why?”

“Because the tills will only allow us to sell you 2 packs of these medicines. There is a risk you might overdose if you take too many” :confused: :confused: :confused:

So we put 2 packs through the till with the rest of the shopping and pay with the debit card. Then I put the other 2 packs through with…the same debit card just to prove a point. You could not make it up could you!

it works out that it was two seperate transactions even though you paid for them,your shopping first paid on ya card then ya medicines on the card the till thinks its two customers, :confused: :confused: , stupid i no, i think thats how it works but im easily confused :confused:

Bet you could have bought as many bottles of whisky or rum that you wanted, as a cold remedy of course :smiley: :smiley:

I try to buy packets of paracetamol, one for the truck and one for home the only place that will let me is my village shop because they know what I do. Everywhere else says you can only buy 16 tabs in one pack incase I want to kill myself, I don’t have the time for that! :confused:

the stupid thing about this is that 8 paracetamol is enough to kill you or at least do serious damage

pam

Paracetamol is probably one of the most dangerous drugs in this country, simply because it is so easily bought & so easily over dosed on.
A pharmacist friend has said for years the only safe way to regulate it is to stop its use.
Stupid thing is when someone buys 10 packets of paracetamol its a known quanity, but when someone visits several shops buying a few tablets at each, no one asks any questions or raises any concerns, so this law is, in effect, pro suicide.

Again it has more to do with keeping lobby groups happy than common sense. The danger with Paracetamol is that it’s very easy to overdose on, also many other drugs such as cold remedies include paracetamol and people have taken them and then had a couple of tablets causing them to overdoes.

When I came out of Derby Infirmary in January I was handed a carrier bag with 6 different types of tablets.

I was told that there was a months supply but if I needed more just call the Hospital.

I was taking 29 pills a day and could have supplied the local dealers!

I hate taking any kind of tablets at the best of time. :confused:

Mad in my opinion