Don't know what's best.

Here’s my situation I’ve got offered a job as a car transporter driver money good etc
I’d be away from home a lot and the living conditions in them cabs aren’t goid I can imagine plus a more physical job. Now I also might have a job doing fridge work on the continent less money but probably better living conditions etc. What would you do■■?

If your married I’d talk it through with her indoors before you go travelling the continent for weeks. If your fairly comfortable and the extra money would be nice but not essential then take the easier days work with the comfier working conditions. It’s all really upto you mate no one knows your circumstances better then you do good luck what ever you decide hope it works out well.

If you’re healthy and young enough to learn and cope then the cars can lead on to very good money, it doesn’t suit everybody and not everybody can do it, if it doesn’t work out for you its no reflection on you but be prepared for that to happen, it can take a long time to become profficient no matter how well you take to it.

You will work hard but there is already a shortage of competent staff so i fully expect the money to stay in the better segment for many years hence and improve again in due course to get the best staff, even if you find the company offering you the start have hyped the money up (lied, that happens a lot in the industry with the usual suspects) its worth gritting your teeth and getting the experience and moving on when it suits you.

The other job would have no interest for me, but each to their own…not good for relationships i would suggest, but you know your personal circs and i don’t.

I’m on reefer work, that’s mainly all there is near me, fridge noise gets on your ■■■■ at first but you get used to it, other than that jobs a doddle. I wouldn’t mind continental work but my kids are too young and I would want to be back every weekend, I doubt that would happen.

why does everyone think that euro work means youre away for weeks on end■■? I used to leave the yard in Bridgend on a Monday morning load drop Northen spain Wednesday reload drop midlands Friday and back to the yard for weekend off.

Find out more about the jobs drive and take from there. Living in a low cab can be a pain in the ar*e but to start with so can the noise of a reefer but life tramping in europe is a lot better then the UK so good and both points to both

taffytrucker:
why does everyone think that euro work means youre away for weeks on end■■? I used to leave the yard in Bridgend on a Monday morning load drop Northen spain Wednesday reload drop midlands Friday and back to the yard for weekend off.

Find out more about the jobs drive and take from there. Living in a low cab can be a pain in the ar*e but to start with so can the noise of a reefer but life tramping in europe is a lot better then the UK so good and both points to both

I know some Euro work is back within a week but some is also 2 or 3 weeks away.

Go for the euro work.Free parking.Treated with respect.Better food.Drivers menus and discounts on meals.Still be in sun over the autumn when the Uk will be cooling off in a few weeks.
Going to places tourists pay to go to.Some social life in the Rouitiers.Ask the partner to come with you.
Keep an eye on the new Eco tax paying to use what was the free roads or nationals.Box in cab or 750 euro fine.Due next year or may be shelved.Glass of wine with a meal at night over the water.

mick84:
What would you do ?

Fridge work.

I wouldn’t want to pay for all the car damage from trees.

I would take the job I have been offered, not wait on a job I may get offered.

If you do get offered the fridge job, you can always quit on the transporters.

Think I’d take the fridge work the other sound s like a nightmare

Fridge.

Loading and strapping motor on to the top deck in a gale and ■■■■■■■ rain isn’t my idea of fun.

toby1234abc:
Go for the euro work.Free parking.Treated with respect.Better food.Drivers menus and discounts on meals.Still be in sun over the autumn when the Uk will be cooling off in a few weeks.
Going to places tourists pay to go to.Some social life in the Rouitiers.Ask the partner to come with you.
Keep an eye on the new Eco tax paying to use what was the free roads or nationals.Box in cab or 750 euro fine.Due next year or may be shelved.Glass of wine with a meal at night over the water.

a lot of places charge out there now and its not cheap :astonished:

I’m in Euro all week. Germany gets on my ■■■■ with the traffic jams and Polizei everywhere. On the plus side, getting to Scandinavia almost weekly now too is a bonus.(Until the snow comes…SOON!)