Dont know if this is true

I was talking in the yard today talking to a fellow driver and he said that as of April 1st 09 that you are only allowed to work 13hr days and must take 11 hours off every night? I have a sneaky suspicion he is winding me up so I thought I would ask on here.

Many thanks in advance :smiley:

NOT true.

Harry Monk:
NOT true.

Cheers Harry :smiley:

April 1st was the clue. :wink:

Harry Monk:
April 1st was the clue. :wink:

lol, I will have a word when I see him!! :blush: :blush:

The worst part about this, is it should be true no one should be expected to work 15 hour days and take 9 hours off. it is disgusting, i gave up driving 6 months before the WTD came in as i’d had enough of 70+ hour weeks, the sooner POA is abolished the better, then we can all work a sensible 48 hour week.
None of these so called unions have the balls to do anything about what goes on in this industry, or POA would never have been brought in, i would love to go back driving trucks for a living but i do better driving a taxi…for £1.50 per mile average and there are companies running 44 tonne trucks for £1 a mile, if i was only getting that i would be out of the taxi game tomorrow.

wishful thinking :cry:

I wish as well 13hrs are plenty

ajdavis64:
The worst part about this, is it should be true no one should be expected to work 15 hour days and take 9 hours off. it is disgusting, i gave up driving 6 months before the WTD came in as i’d had enough of 70+ hour weeks, the sooner POA is abolished the better, then we can all work a sensible 48 hour week.
None of these so called unions have the balls to do anything about what goes on in this industry, or POA would never have been brought in, i would love to go back driving trucks for a living but i do better driving a taxi…for £1.50 per mile average and there are companies running 44 tonne trucks for £1 a mile, if i was only getting that i would be out of the taxi game tomorrow.

BEST POST I’VE READ ON HERE FOR MONTHS!

It’s scandalous the amount of hours many truck drivers have had to do down the decades! The 48 hour working week was brought in for a reason and most companies have abused it - especially when it comes to a fair wage to come in line with the so called WTD!

With the economy the way it is now, companies are now advertising jobs - regardless of the hours they expect drivers to do - at rock bottom rates because they know they can!

:imp: :imp: :imp:

ajdavis64:
None of these so called unions have the balls to do anything about what goes on in this industry,

Sadly a Union is only as good as it’s members, if Drivers cant stick together what difference does being in a union make?

Dont Forget, it was the good old FTA who fought for the POA not the Unions :wink:

Perhaps if the present Government were to give Unions back the powers they had prior to a certain M Thatcher then we might get somewhere.

IMO, it’s a little unfair to blame unions when they have little teeth to do anything…

cant get drivers to sit together at my firm,never mind stand together! :unamused: