Don't go the way of limeyphil...keep out of jail!

Luckily for me I had a spare man with me on Friday as my tail lift was faulty,this guy passed on some info that us old timers need to take heed of he was a newly passed driver and according to him it’s actually ILLEGAL to blindside reverse off a public highway :open_mouth:

Stay out of jail guys,say NO to blindsides :smiley:

Are you sure about that? Sometimes you have no choice and why do some have an issue with it anyway? As long as youve done the quick calculations in your head where the unit/ trailers going/ obstacles ect before reversing there wont be a problem…

I think you’re asking for trouble if you have a bump reversing ONTO a major road FROM a side road unassisted, blind side or not.

Never heard that one before, I could understand if it’s illegal to blindside back onto a public highway but not off of it .

AndrewG:
Are you sure about that? Sometimes you have no choice and why do some have an issue with it anyway? As long as youve done the quick calculations in your head where the unit/ trailers going/ obstacles ect before reversing there wont be a problem…

#Woosh!

xichrisxi:
Luckily for me I had a spare man with me on Friday as my tail lift was faulty,this guy passed on some info that us old timers need to take heed of he was a newly passed driver and according to him it’s actually ILLEGAL to blindside reverse off a public highway :open_mouth:

Stay out of jail guys,say NO to blindsides :smiley:

Just Say No ! Good job you had a newly qualified man with you to tell all about how to do the job. Hope you were duly grateful for his wisdom.
Whooosh !
Blind-siding, well agree aint pleasant, but. . .

Juddian:
I think you’re asking for trouble if you have a bump reversing ONTO a major road FROM a side road unassisted, blind side or not.

I was reversing off the road into a delivery point blindside at the time he informed me :smiley:

Just don’t do it ! it will start with one blind side a day next thing you will be blind siding in tesco rdc’s,no going back then :laughing:

Did nobody warn him about those RDC waiting rooms?

xichrisxi:

Juddian:

I was reversing off the road into a delivery point blindside at the time he informed me :smiley:

I think you, should go to the local station and report it… might be a good punishment forty lashes might be a good start for even attempting it.

AndrewG:

Definitely sure, but I’ve heard it’s allowed as long as your trailer legs are wound right up to the top. If only half way down the 2 offences are 6 points on your licence.

I’ve also heard that they are banning blind side reverses completely under new Health and Safety rules.

That’s me buggered then as I have to do it regularly. I put my hazards on with my reversing bleepers and drive out slowly hoping other road users see me. What else can I do??

I Phoned the Samaritans when I had an overwhelming urge to take the easy route out, they talked me out of it & I have been clean for some time now, but I know that I am only one move away from falling off the band wagon…

AndrewG:

No he’s bang on the money.

The only way round it is with a back window in the cab,every unit should have them fitted,imho.

I have refused to take a wagon out because it didn’t have a back window in the cab,on more than one occasion.Especially when delivering in the smoke.

yorkielee:
That’s me buggered then as I have to do it regularly. I put my hazards on with my reversing bleepers and drive out slowly hoping other road users see me. What else can I do??

Headlights and rear fog lights too.
And have you considered doing it in high range? If you do it really fast it will cut down the time you are in a hazardous position, so reducing risk.

comet:
Just don’t do it ! it will start with one blind side a day next thing you will be blind siding in tesco rdc’s,no going back then :laughing:

how does it work if your using one of tescos wee volvos with the windows across the back…isnt that the start of a slippery downhill spiral?.. :slight_smile:

One of the many rules given to you at Heinz at Wigan is no blindside reversing is allowed on site.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

mick.mh2racing:
One of the many rules given to you at Heinz at Wigan is no blindside reversing is allowed on site.

See, told you, it’s started already :laughing:

What if you go in with a left ■■■■■■?
Turn the wrong way round i one way system to line yourself up?

I would guess that rule has been brought about because of ■■■■ ups and damage done by those who can not blindside properly, so we are then all tarred with the same brush by a blanket ban. :unamused:

But at Wigan you have to blind side onto the bay’s in the factory

Sorry to ■■■■ on your party Rob but that one’s actually true. When you arrive at the gatehouse they give you an A4 piece of paper with a list of rules and one of them does actually state that blind side reversing isn’t allowed on their site. No mention is made of left hookers.
Next time I go I’ll post a copy of the rules.