Don't get paid for POA?

Hi, another newbie question…

I searched the company name on here that I’m interviewing for next month, mostly good things were said although it was hinted at that you don’t get paid for POA??

Is this normal? Is this right?? Lol

Was feeling excited at the prospect of working at this place but feeling rather disappointed now :confused:

Tink650:
Hi, another newbie question…

I searched the company name on here that I’m interviewing for next month, mostly good things were said although it was hinted at that you don’t get paid for POA??

Is this normal? Is this right?? Lol

Was feeling excited at the prospect of working at this place but feeling rather disappointed now :confused:

if you don’t get paid for booking poa then don’t book it simples

Oh ok lol. I would’ve thought they’d check up on you though? Apparently this company are very strict…

Tink650:
Oh ok lol. I would’ve thought they’d check up on you though? Apparently this company are very strict…

Why would you want to book POA if the company wont pay for booked POA .
Its like saying we wont pay you for starting before 5 am … so you don’t start before 5am .
If they say we will only pay you for working 10hrs you have an option you only work 10hrs and park up ( night out ) or its back at base and go home in 10hrs … it really is that simple

nick2008:

Tink650:

Its like saying we wont pay you for starting before 5 am … so you don’t start before 5am .
If they say we will only pay you for working 10hrs you have an option you only work 10hrs and park up ( night out ) or its back at base and go home in 10hrs … it really is that simple

I’d love to try that on my boss, he’d have my P45 all nice and ready for when I get back.

Radar19:

nick2008:

Tink650:

I’d love to try that on my boss, he’d have my P45 all nice and ready for when I get back.

So Radar, you’re saying you get paid for 10 hours but work more because you’d get a P45 if you didn’t?
And in another thread you knock JohnnyTruckfest for working for low rates for McDowells. By scaring you into working for free, your boss is no different to a company paying a low hourly rate.

m1cks:

Radar19:

nick2008:

Tink650:

So Radar, you’re saying you get paid for 10 hours but work more because you’d get a P45 if you didn’t?
And in another thread you knock JohnnyTruckfest for working for low rates for McDowells. By scaring you into working for free, your boss is no different to a company paying a low hourly rate.

I wasn’t knocking him.