Don't Do It!

Why not?

I’ve been a fully qualified, fully articulated, fully CPC’d, professional driver for just over 3 years. In that time all I’ve heard from older drivers is that the job isn’t what it once was and if it was their time now, they would do somyething different.

Tell me this… where else can you earn £9.18 an hour and are held hostage for 70 hours a week inside a steel can?

Your point being??

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I rarely do over 45hrs and earn plenty more than £9ph…that’s why I do it.

I do it so I don’t have to think either! :wink:

Very pointless post… you must not be a HGV1 driver or you ■■■■ as a driver and that’s all anyone will pay you…
I only do over 50 hours a week if I’m dragging it out for overtime, and i get well over your hourly rate for the easiest job I’ve ever done.

Well if you don’t like it why not train for something else or look for another job? If your circumstances allow of course jobs can seem bad if you feel trapped I get that. I think most people would like a better wage and you have to remember the old timers still do it they just probably like moaning just letting off steam maybe?

As for the tin can thing how much was David Blaine on? Bet he had a good wedge of meal allowance left when he finished mind :wink:

I think with driving most times its an itch that people gotta scratch and you’ve really just got to let them get on with it and make their own minds up

Lol steel can. I think it’s what you make of it, if you are prone to stress then it might not be for you.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

TheMealDeal:
Why not?

I’ve been a fully qualified, fully articulated, fully CPC’d, professional driver for just over 3 years. In that time all I’ve heard from older drivers is that the job isn’t what it once was and if it was their time now, they would do somyething different.

Tell me this… where else can you earn £9.18 an hour and are held hostage for 70 hours a week inside a steel can?

Jesus Christ talk about doom and gloom posts!!

Have you tried talking to the Samaritans

All the best

Paul

So in my 4 shifts on Class One I have achieved…

£13.00 double manned + £25 bonus
£11.50 4 trailer swap day
£13.00 double manned x 2 (no bonus this time)
£17.24 Sat shift (tomorrow) Trunking to down south

I would say fair dooos and ain’t complaining one bit…I enjoy it and getting paid for it at the same time…

Could be worse and be living in Allepo in a daze…