Don't cry over spilt milk

On some roundabout near knaresborogh.
Have it on vid not it happening though

Classic case of roll cages not being strapped, or not strapped correctly. I had some break away once (Sainsbury’s) because the warehouse guy strapped straight across behind the cages, instead of wrapping forward. Luckily, mine stayed inside the trailer.

Why people don’t secure their roller doors with a padlock I’ll never know,I used to always have one on…

Think truck with back door open was there to collect the cages salvagble stuff. This pic.might be better. Think they came from here

Kin el!
Looks like the whole side came off

commonrail:
Kin el!
Looks like the whole side came off

Oh Dear Oh Dear … If that is the side that has broken away, then Charlie Payne will be having tea & biscuits YET AGAIN :unamused:

Was on a roundabout. So am guessing he went round to quick. Nothing was strapped down and obviously tthe cages rolled

Well no point crying over spilt milk…

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

at least it was on the curd side and not the udder side.as it could have ended up hard cheese for the driver.no doubt he will be a cream of the crop agency worker.
i wonder if he bottled it halfway round the corner? . :slight_smile:

Milk is extremely toxic to fish & if it entered the water course that is fed by the surface drainage system of that road it will kill any & all living organisms for miles downstream.

On top of everything else, Payne Dairies are facing a huge bill from the EA.

edd1974:
Was on a roundabout. So am guessing he went round to quick. Nothing was strapped down and obviously tthe cages rolled

I’m not sure but reckon I’d struggle to strap over the top of wheeled trolleys
and get down the side of a box to tether it.

Only thing I’ve ever used is load restraint bars every few rows of cages and across the back.

Someone else said padlock the back door which wouldnt stop it going through the side not would a padlock stop however many tons of cages smashing through the back doors

toonsy:

edd1974:

I’m not sure but reckon I’d struggle to strap over the top of wheeled trolleys
and get down the side of a box to tether it.

Only thing I’ve ever used is load restraint bars every few rows of cages and across the back.

Someone else said padlock the back door which wouldnt stop it going through the side not would a padlock stop however many tons of cages smashing through the back doors

He must have had gaps between the cages sideways. Therefore they all ganged up and became a battering ram against the side wall. Or…they were all tightly packed but the trailer had a structural weakness.

Whey hey ,those things happen.

Aren’t their fleet total scrap?

I did a bit of casual weekend Lidl store delivery work for a bloke that was as tight as two coats of paint, he wouldn’t supply straps or loadlock bars and my first run with cages of milk didn’t turn out too well. The trailer had barn doors and when I opened up at the first delivery there was a flash flood of milk. It was a while ago so I can’t remember specifics, but there was a block of those little cages about the size of four pallets and every one of them was on its side and pretty much empty, it made a hell of a mess.

Even worse was the next time I did it the trailer hadn’t been washed out and it stank. Still no loadlocks or straps so I boxed the milk in as best I could, but still lost a bit as the cages moved from side to side.

I stopped doing it after getting stuck in a lift, it was an early hours tip and we got the key to the back door with the notes, the stockroom was a floor up from the loading dock and we had to go up in the lift to put it away. There was a power cut and when the juice came on it tripped the breakers and there I was stuck in the lift in complete darkness with only enough room to stand up as I’d filled the lift with pallets of stock, my phone and ■■■■ were in the lorry and it was about 3am when it happened. I was there until 7am when the store manager turned up, I haven’t been in a lift or a Lidls since!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

looks like the whole side of the trailer has popped open :smiley: i better slow down a bit

you dont use straps on milk cages they would rip the load lock off , bars and cups guys

The simple answer is that if you are hauling a load with the potential for catastrophic movement then don’t drive like a ■■■■! I’d much rather put 10 minutes on my journey than spend an hour restacking/picking up the bloody stuff!

the maoster:
The simple answer is that if you are hauling a load with the potential for catastrophic movement then don’t drive like a ■■■■!

+1

My work is delivering milk to Asda and Morrisons for Arla.
One of our trailers completely burst open down the nearside just round the corner from PCL Hatski. The whole load came out of the side due to the trailer becoming unbonded from the bottom of the side.
26 tons of milk on over 100 milk tets makes an awful mess. Fortunately they got all staff out of the warehouse to assist in the clean up.
For us it’s Bars and Cups to hold the load in situ. I’ve never had a problem of with movement with this method of securing the load.
By the way, if you spill milk The Environment Agency will be crying over it. It causes more problems to the environment than other types of spillages.
Milk is a de-oxgeneator so it will starve rivers and streams of oxygen and thus kills everything in it.