Don't buy snooper

I have an s2500 which is just under 3years old. Two weeks ago it developed a screen fault, kept going bright green, so I returned it to them at a cost of £15 return postage. Was advised it was up to a ten day turnaround. Rung up today to get a progress report and told it was booked in on the 9th June and has yet not been looked at yet. I was told I had been wrongly advised that it’s not a ten day turnaround , but up to 20 working days for it to be looked at. Despite my complaining to the advisor that this wasn’t satisfactory , I was told that is the policy , and to add further insult the guy just wasn’t interested . So if it works out to expensive to repair, I won’t be buying another but looking for probably the Tomtom version. I won’t be recommending them to anyone either. Appalling customer service.

Had the same problem with them when I returned my DB8500 because the DAB aerial had broken again :angry: :angry: :angry:

Took 8 weeks in total from sending it until it was finally received back here, they don’t care one bit about you, to the point that I rang and paid for the repair and then had to chase them up as the payment hadn’t gone out 10 days later

If it goes again I’m binning it and going back to tom tom.

Also no way of backing up your favorites on there, so sending it back results in a wipe clean and start all over again

now that’s an experience,

noted with thanks

Lasted longer than mine, DB8500 required new screen after 18 months. Out of warranty of course :imp: 100 squid and about 3 weeks later, it was back, but I sacked it off and replaced it with a tomtom truck one.

I’d never buy snooper again that’s for sure.

You must be unlucky,I’ve had three different versions of Snooper not a problem with any of them,got a spare one for back up,just in case.

Sorry if this comes across the wrong way, why would a professional driver need a device to tell them how fast they should be going I thought that was what road signs are for.

mike68:
Sorry if this comes across the wrong way, why would a professional driver need a device to tell them how fast they should be going I thought that was what road signs are for.

Come again? Who mentioned anything about how fast one should be going?

Do we have anyone who knows if Garmin or TomTom customer repair services are any better?

As my experience of customer services is that it’s wonderful while you are buying, and that’s basically where it ends… :cry:

Evil8Beezle:
Do we have anyone who knows if Garmin or TomTom customer repair services are any better?

As my experience of customer services is that it’s wonderful while you are buying, and that’s basically where it ends… :cry:

Probably not, but my point was more that a £400 device lasted only 18 months.

I agree it’s ■■■■ poor mate, but I’m just not sure or certain that the others would be any better in this situation.
But based on that, and snooper being probably the most expensive, they should be doing better…

So I guess the more exposure on this topic the better! :smiley:

mike68:

Why not, I welcome any help from wherever if it keeps the points away rock on,don’t recall anyone mentioning that bit though.

Had different service when I dropped into their office near Manchester if I remember rightly , drove to Scotland then picked it up the next day (needed new motherboard).

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

My truckmate had to go in for repair at two months old, then called it a day at fourteen months old. Would never have another.

I’ve gone back to TomTom, good device, but the interface is painfully slow.

Evil8Beezle:

Maybe the TomTom/Garmin don’t need to be any better as their devices last longer than eighteen months.

This figure would Is an average based on discourse that I have had with other lorry drivers discussing navigation tools.

I sent my 10 year old (approx) snooper back to have a new speaker fitted they also updated the software and replaced the battery in a few weeks. Excellent customer service.

I’m going to appear very dim. What is a ‘snooper’? I assumed it was a speed detecting device but reading responses it may be a sat nav with speed detection■■?

Could someone explain please.

mike68:

Mines 3 & a half years old, so it’s still got the old Fashioned Speed Limits, 40 & 50 mph, remember when we had a fella in a top hat with a red flag walking in front of us warning people of impending doom.
Great for playing Beat the Satnav [emoji6]

Are we saying here that a 300quid+ sat nav aint worth the money.
Who would have thought it eh.? :unamused:

Sat navs have made the job easier, no doubt about that.
I use a basic one myself, and even though I ran for years without one…(when you had no choice, :bulb: ). I would not be without it now for it’s convenience and guidance.

However I will never understand why any driver…old or new, needs the level of guidance and arse wiping that these things give, and why anyone thinks it is reasonable to splash out that amount of cash for one, when they are clearly over priced, also is beyond me.

I’ve said before on these sat navs threads…(yeh I know yawn ■■■■ yawn :blush: …) If I needed that level of guidance, I wouldn’t do the ■■■■ job…end of.

Don’t want to start sounding like Desypete, so I’ll knock it on the head now. :laughing:
Thanks for putting up with my ramblings. :smiley: :wink:

Robroy, I think you’ve left this behind! :smiley:

Cheers it will do to put my maps in. :smiley:

Tbh I can’t read them anymore my eyes are shot at. :blush: :smiley: