Dont bother asking- cause the answers no

Although I’m hourly paid, I’m not particularly enamoured by someone wanting to queue jump, particularly when delivering, especially as most of our runs are ‘planned’ as 13 hours, which means that it doesn’t take much to get it up to 15+.

Collections afterwards are a different matter.

If it’s someone from the same firm, and I’ve got plenty of time, then perhaps I’ll let them go in front, depending upon how I feel on the day. What tends to be really annoying is, arriving somewhere, where they have only one loading bay, and another firm has a vehicle on there, which is part loaded, but awaiting further production, and my/your load is ready, and the driver refuses to pull off and wait down the road, despite requests from the loading staff. It is not as though they are going to get away any quicker. They are simply preventing someone else from doing so.

Furthermore, I’m not averse to going into the warehouse and using an MHE to help with the loading, or simply standing there with a pen writing out a Load Plan. It’s better than being bored Brainless listening to the radio, assuming that it operates when you don’t have possession of the vehicle keys. :angry:

And it often results in a few ‘freebies’. :wink:

I can remember, some years ago, going to a certain place where, essentially, they had two loading staff. One on the FLT uploading pallets to the loading deck, and the other on an MHE loading the vehicles. We had two of our vehicles on the bays and, there being a spare MHE, I jumped on that.

There then arrives on the third bay, a 26 tonner, dark blue livery cab with silver highlighting. Light blue fridge body. Driven by ‘Mr Attitude’. “Are we expected to load ourselves?” was the initial protestation from his lips. “No. But it doesn’t hurt to help out.” was my reply.

Whereupon, to emphasise the point, the FLT driver starts ‘uplifting’ pallets (along with ours) destined for his vehicle. It doesn’t bother me. Given a choice between sitting in the cab viewing an unchanging view over a section of the Cotswolds that was formally home to the Red Arrows, or engaging with people, I’d prefer the latter.

Driver of unsaid company now recognises that he has done something of a ‘faux pas’. And tries to retrieve the situation. Noticing that I am loading a ‘very much leaning’ one Tonne bag of nuts (the edible type) onto his vehicle, he promptly puts his shoulder to the task. At which point I STOP. Does he think that he can stop a one Tonne bag should it start to topple? I suggest not.

What Planet is this bloke on? If he wants to help out which, due to previous embarrassment, he obviously does, then he needs to get some plastic binding, thread it through the top and then stand the OTHER side. Which he then does.

Alright, he left before we did, but mainly because HIS load was was ready and ours wasn’t.

Think like most people IF i have a full load on and the ASK nicley i have no problem with them tipping in front of me if only 1 or 2 pallets wot does drive me mad is the guys and girls who just drive past the waiting que and shout acoss that they wont be long , not the 1st time i have saw them nearly dragged out ther cabs!
Never understood why more places dont have a “express lane” get them in and out quick!

Think it wouldn’t be fair to expect a courier to queue if basically all he needs is a quick signature for a small parcell.

Im sure all of us thats done the 80 - 90 drops a day nightmare would agree.

Many years ago before RDC and the like. I drove for United Carriers doing the Lincoln run. This involved Asda at North Hykeham, some days it would be a couple of boxes of tights or 4 or 5 pallets of wine.

They decided that all trucks had to book in so We would have a permanent booking of 9.15. If I arrived and it took longer than 10 minutes, the whole lot would go back, eventually by the end of the week, they wanted the stuff and never held me up. When they were desperate, I could turn up when I liked :smiley:

I would let a courier in before me anyway. they have more work to do than us.

exactly mate, when you think it’s probably about 30 seconds to you, but maybe 2 hours to him, it’s a no - brainer really.

Lucy:
Another one who’s never met me else they wouldn’t be saying that… :blush: :blush: :wink:

Who says that we have never met :wink:

Anyhow,I love a challenge :sunglasses:

Because if we had you’d know just how daft the words “feminine wiles” and “Lucy” are in the same sentence!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

(Says she having just spent an hour trying to make herself look vaguely female for the dreaded works Xmas do. Trying, yes…Succeeding, no. :blush: :blush: :blush: )

Lucy:
Because if we had you’d know just how daft the words “feminine wiles” and “Lucy” are in the same sentence!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

(Says she having just spent an hour trying to make herself look vaguely female for the dreaded works Xmas do. Trying, yes…Succeeding, no. :blush: :blush: :blush: )

Um…Excuse me ?

Is this the same Lucy that,in a previous thread,was trying to get tipped at some Bed/Mattress place and got exasperated to the point of seriously considering ‘■■■■■■ Favours’ towards the [zb] who was refusing to take the load til next day ? :sunglasses:

Wriggle room :arrow_right:

And here :arrow_right:

And…

Here :arrow_right:

Don’t put yourself down Luce… Thats our job… :sunglasses:

:slight_smile:

Considered. Then dismissed. :wink: