Done my good deed for the day

Coming out of Norwich this morning on the Salhouse Road in my car, I noticed an HGV turning right at the Sole and Heel roundabout and travelling outbound towards Acle.

I stopped in the shop, came out and he was trying to get down Station Road, Salhouse (there is a low bridge down there).

Managed to get in front of foreign driver and pulled him over to assist. Pointed to his Satnav, which was in Polish, and said “I’m on Salhouse Road”. Popped back to my car and put the postcode into my satnav and worked out he wanted the old UG Plastics place, which happened to be behind him by about 3 miles. :slight_smile:

Got him to follow me to a side road where I could get him turned round and told him to go straight until the traffic lights, over them and 1/2 km further up on the right.

He had a smile on his face when I left him and I hope he found it.

I originally thought he was heading for Rackheath Ind Est, weight limit stops him going the way he was facing.

Good for you otherwise he’d have probably hit a bridge or got stuck somewhere and would have had to have been craned out .

Above and beyond. Bravo to you. :smiley:

what is Dolph like in the flesh? :laughing:

Im embarrassed for you .

No one gets rich from offering a helping hand these days .

Much better to check whether trailer does clear the low bridge …

And if necessary lead him to 1 that doesnt .

Video the whole thing and upload to crashtube.com . maybe if a real bad bridge cruncher sell some snaps to the red tops aswell .

Its the 21stCentury now ,not the 1940’s

Did my good deed late last summer when they closed the A58 north of Chain Bar. I knew it was going to be closed on and off for a few nights, so as I like my walks on a nice day/evening, I decided to park my car a few hundred yards down after the ‘road closed’ sign with no detriment to anyone and have a nice walk as it’s reasonable countryside with cows and miniature ponies in the fields alongside what is a normally busy and fast road. But one evening was particularly chaotic. After driving through 2 road closure signs to get where I wanted to park I noticed a rather large Jet petrol tanker behind me, and thought ‘please don’t be following me!’ but oh yes, sure enough was. Tried my hazards for a few seconds to no avail, then I parked up to where I wanted to start my walk. Guy in Tanker stopped alongside me, opened up his window and said quite jovially ‘ah,you got me there didn’t you’ :slight_smile: So off he goes a bit further down where the roadworks chap on duty assists him in turning him around.
Went for my walk, then came back uphill and had quick chat with roadworks chap who said there had been a few lorries ignoring road closed signs and to be honest he was not there to act as a banksman. Anyway, roadworks chap was called to go down to actual roadworks and I sat on the wall for a bit. No sooner had he gone, a massive Asda lorry approached with nowhere to go. I told him roadworks chap will be here soon,but he asked me if I could could guide him with turning around :astonished: There was a little narrow road he could part back into, so I made sure he didn’t hit the wall,etc,etc. :smiley: So off he goes, BUT there was ANOTHER lorry waiting to do exactly the same thing, wtf. This was massive too. I told him roadworks chap will be here any second, but no; so not only did I have to guide him out, but he asked me to move 2 cones so he could do it easier. Went to grab a cone with one hand, but it did not move!! :confused: So had to use 2 hands for each cone. Anyway,it made it a lot easier for him. He thanked me and honked as he left. I needed a sit down on the wall after all that. Then a little lorry arrived and I thought, well you can turn around by yourself, lol. I was glad when roadworks chap arrived back, so had another little chat and watched beginning of an electrical storm, then left him to it.

DadsRetired:
Coming out of Norwich this morning on the Salhouse Road in my car, I noticed an HGV turning right at the Sole and Heel roundabout and travelling outbound towards Acle.

I stopped in the shop, came out and he was trying to get down Station Road, Salhouse (there is a low bridge down there).

Managed to get in front of foreign driver and pulled him over to assist. Pointed to his Satnav, which was in Polish, and said “I’m on Salhouse Road”. Popped back to my car and put the postcode into my satnav and worked out he wanted the old UG Plastics place, which happened to be behind him by about 3 miles. :slight_smile:

Got him to follow me to a side road where I could get him turned round and told him to go straight until the traffic lights, over them and 1/2 km further up on the right.

I originally thought he was heading for Rackheath Ind Est, weight limit stops him going the way he was facing.

You’ll be regretting that when you find yourself out of work and him happily doing your job for £6.80/hr. ■■■■ the flipflops.

Was it Immigrant?

Carl Usher:

DadsRetired:

You’ll be regretting that when you find yourself out of work and him happily doing your job for £6.80/hr. [zb] the flipflops.

Errrrrrrrrrrrr, think you should have a look at a few of my posts and also my username, might give you a clue as to what I don’t do.

DadsRetired:

No Photo in that Case :bulb:

DadsRetired:

Carl Usher:
You’ll be regretting that when you find yourself out of work and him happily doing your job for £6.80/hr. [zb] the flipflops.

Errrrrrrrrrrrr, think you should have a look at a few of my posts and also my username, might give you a clue as to what I don’t do.

In my best Albion1971 voice - lorry driver lacking observation and comprehension skills. Who would have thought it? :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: