Doncaster Services

I have often wondered which moron designed this place,obviously never driven a vehicle. trucks and cars mixing on the way in and out.Trucks exiting the fuel station crossing incoming trucks. Trucks waiting to get out of park if they went round to the first bit have to join queue of trucks waiting to get in round the back. Everything came to a stop today as pumps were full,trucks queuing for fuel, nobody could get in or out,one big loop when I called in today at 11.45 for a break. had to queue for 9 minutes to get in to lorry park.Also when you enter truck park at back you cannot get into bays on your left unless you are a rigid so most of them were empty or had a trailer sticking out.
Is this the worst designed sevices?
And it is most probably the newest.

It is a poor design. I was there the other day, but only because of my ■■■■■■ time management that day! :laughing:

Try getting in and out in an artic car transporter with the peak sticking out 10 to 15 feet when you go round corners! :wink:

Yeah it is crap.

Would have been far better to build the two sides a couple of miles further south as planned.

ditto South Mimms , when the pumps are all in use the truck queue backs up the road , blocking the exit from the lorry park . Sat for 10 mins today trying to get out after my 45 :unamused:

Also same for Symonds Yat services east bound, when the pumps are being used you can’t get out.

Probs designed by a southerner though lol