Doncaster area for Life?

Was 2 years away from Uk.But have plan back to UK again.If all go well that after 1-2 years want buy house.I have good amount for deposit and more.Looking for price that found who around Doncaster can found who average terrassed,semi detached good house about 100K .Simeral house around Northampton about 150K.But wages in driving job same.How good ,bad Doncaster area for life??What best,bad town,area.Pontefract,Sheffield better for life??

You’ll fit in perfectly, as half the residents of Doncaster don’t speak English as a first language

peirre:
You’ll fit in perfectly, as half the residents of Doncaster don’t speak English as a first language

True.
“Tha noes, us speeks Yorkshire. Reet enough”.

I’ve heard there are many cheaper houses in Eastern Europe than there are in Doncaster and Northampton!

You’ve found a semi in Northampton for £150K■■?

Wages vs house prices
“House Prices vs Income in the UK | Compare the Market” comparethemarket.com/home-i … in-the-uk/
But if tramping it’s easy to do a long commute.

I’ve rung around the truck main dealers in Doncaster area and advised them to stock up on replacement panels.

Franglais:

peirre:

True.
“Tha noes, us speeks Yorkshire. Reet enough”.

Your about 15 miles off target, as true Dee Daars are further north west of Doncaster over in Barnsley, with a slightly diluted accent in Northern Sheffield. All Ill suggest to the OP is despite the Bentley area of Doncaster almost being like his mother country, hed best have a lifeboat, a Mae West and a set of inflatable armbands if hes considering living there, as its notorious for flooding. Hexthorpe similarly is full of druggies, but it`s close to Decoy bank (RM and tesco RDC) and Amazon

Grumpy_old_trucker:
I’ve heard there are many cheaper houses in Eastern Europe than there are in Doncaster and Northampton!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

DCPCFML:
I’ve rung around the truck main dealers in Doncaster area and advised them to stock up on replacement panels.

Why are you thinking of moving there?

The fellas been on the forum 10 years and is a decent guy so not really any need for that.

As for the question there’s plenty of HGV work in Donny and the surrounds and it’s full of Poles so your probably better there than most places.

Franglais:
Wages vs house prices
“House Prices vs Income in the UK | Compare the Market” comparethemarket.com/home-i … in-the-uk/
But if tramping it’s easy to do a long commute.

I not looking gor top cheapest house in city centre around kebab,corner shop or where live only benefit people. But why need pay more .But about job and trampingAroubd Donaster was and will to many job.But a thing there more tramping than around Rugby.Around Rugby company not keep to many trapper because any drivers can reach most RDC,CDc and back without night out.

IF you want home, every night look at local pay against local housing cost.
IF you want tramping, live away from work base.

I thought the replacement panel joke was funny by DC !

Franglais:
IF you want home, every night look at local pay against local housing cost.
IF you want tramping, live away from work base.

Can t see any problem work fir big companies.Do job properly by rulles and all will good.Can earn more money than on small company,most planners better than in small companies where all sisters,brothers to boss.

Look for a house in the castleford/pontefract area. Very cheap and loads of local work at Normanton. Asda, Royal Mail, Warburtons, TKMaxx just down the road at A1/M62 junction, The Range, DHL, and loads of smaller warehouses, plus stuff at South Elmsall (Next, Superdrug, Asda).

If I was you look towards the North West of Doncaster with easy access to the A1 , this will keep your options open for work around Pontefract ,Castleford and Sherburn In Elmet , all within 30mins travel time . If want closer work there’s Redhouse, South Elmsall , South Kirkby and the Dearne Valley Link industrial Areas for work , all within 15 /20 mins travel time . Good Luck and there’s nowt wrong with Doncaster .

I would have thought, and this is gut feeling not a scientific analysis that the best area for high wages/low housing costs would be the NW at the moment?

Warrington rates and those in the vicinity look they are going through the roof on agency?

ATJT:
I would have thought, and this is gut feeling not a scientific analysis that the best area for high wages/low housing costs would be the NW at the moment?

Warrington rates and those in the vicinity look they are going through the roof on agency?

It’s because of RM. Same over here. No-one wants to drive for any of the neighbouring companies at £12-14/hr when they can do the easiest work ever at RM for £18-20/hr.

DCPCFML:

ATJT:

It’s because of RM. Same over here. No-one wants to drive for any of the neighbouring companies at £12-14/hr when they can do the easiest work ever at RM for £18-20/hr.

RM currently “taking on” approx 500 country-wide (internal applicants first, then external) so agency RM work may dry up to an extent, but probably not fully.

Mark500:

DCPCFML:

ATJT:

RM currently “taking on” approx 500 country-wide (internal applicants first, then external) so agency RM work may dry up to an extent, but probably not fully.

That’s been the case for at least the past decade and nothing changes. RM driving is a licence to print money especially between September and the end of the year where you’re guaranteed minimum £178 per (10hr) shift and many times the truck doesn’t even turn a wheel because they can’t plan for [zb]. 10 hrs paid for sleeping/watching movies if you’re that way inclined.

No way RM work is drying up when it’s virtually impossible to purchase anything in person from a physical store now.