Domestic or GB rules

What sort of operations are these regulations used for? What’s the criteria for running to domestic rules?

Basically you run on EU regulations unless there’s an exemption for your vehicle or type of work.

The exemptions from EU regulations are listed here

I run farm collections for my company ( i pick up milk from a farm and transport it to a dairy) they are primarily for hgv’s that run less than 50km’s on a highway ie:- agricultural vehicles,forestry,quarrying,building work etc. sooner run domestic any day as our time is spent waiting for the milk and not on main roads.

We run domestic rules , 100 k radius now too , we had a cpc course tuesday , sadly the trainer and our lot do not seem to be able to read the rules for trucks and psv,s separately :confused:

Oh and unless you want a new ■■■■■■■■ drilled , do not mention load bearing curtains :laughing:

To put it simply it’s a typical deliberate misinterpretation of a clear definition ( Domestic ).

IE what by definition ‘should be’ within scope Brit registered vehicles operating solely within the UK.

Gets corrupted into all operations,by within scope vehicles,are subject to EU rules, unless we say otherwise in a few random arbitrary cases. :unamused:

That wasn’t simple ^^^^ it was gibberish.

the maoster:
That wasn’t simple ^^^^ it was gibberish.

+1

Animal by-products. Been working under Domestic rules for years, we run the length and breadth of the UK on a logbook at my place. 7 days a week if you’re that way inclined and no minimum rest requirements.

Yea but do you stick to the 11 hour duty per day rule ?
Do you put the tacho out of scope as well or just use log book ?

I just use out of scope on farm milk collections , unless I’m on reload ( depot or transship site to dairy )
If I’m doing both I mix tacho and domestic regs in my working week . :slight_smile:
I

Mikey D:
Yea but do you stick to the 11 hour duty per day rule ?
Do you put the tacho out of scope as well or just use log book ?

I just use out of scope on farm milk collections , unless I’m on reload ( depot or transship site to dairy )
If I’m doing both I mix tacho and domestic regs in my working week . :slight_smile:
I

Yes we stick to 11 hours of duty in a 24hr period and as you know breaks don’t count towards duty under Domestic rules. There’s a lot of waiting about for trailers at abattoirs so it’s not uncommon to do 15/16 hour days where you’ve spent 5 of those hours waiting or on a break.
We exclusively use logbooks if on the ABP work. The tacho’s are set to out of scope and I don’t touch it all day, I’ll set it to bed when I park up so it’ll keep track of my driving time the next day. Some others just don’t touch it at all.
We get a fair amount of attention from the authorities and I’ve never had any issues with what’s in my logbook or what is recorded on the tacho.