Domestic and EU regulations question

I have been driving under EU regulations up until now. However, I have now started working for this agency mainly working on milk collection. The guys there tell me they work under domestic rules and change the Tachograph machine to ‘Out of Scope’. Fine. But, can I then just jump back to doing work under EU regulations straight away. I’m pretty familiar with EU regulations but not with the domestic stuff. Any advice much appreciated.

Work on domestic rules counts as other work for EU regulations, so when you’ve done a shift on domestic rules you need a daily rest period before doing a shift on EU regulations.

Sent from my phone.
edit: My Internet’s back on now so can be a bit more specific.

If you work in-scope of domestic regulations and EU regulations in the same day you should comply with both sets of regulations, For domestic regulations any driving done in the same shift under EU regulations counts as driving for the domestic regulations, but any driving done in-scope of domestic regulations counts as other work for EU regulations.

Mixing domestic and EU regulations in the same week isn’t too bad, but mixing domestic and EU regulations in the same shift is a tad more complicated :wink:

I thought any driving done under EU regs for that week, then would have to comply with weekly , daily rests for rest of week, even if only done short period of Eu regs and rest of week domestic regs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boris1971:
I thought any driving done under EU regs for that week, then would have to comply with weekly , daily rests for rest of week, even if only done short period of Eu regs and rest of week domestic regs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That might be difficult to comply with in a fixed week where the driver was under domestic from mon to fri then on EU saturday !

Boris1971:

On days that you drive in-scope of EU regulations, and only days that you drive in-scope of EU regulations, you must comply with the EU daily rest requirement, if you drive in-scope of EU regulations at any time in a week you must comply with the weekly rest requirement, i.e. if you drive in-scope of EU regulations for only a short time in a week you must have a weekly rest period that counts for that week.

Thanks for your help.