Doing my licences

Just looking for some advice really, i’m going to be doing my class 2 and class 1 in the next 3-4 months, depending on waiting times for training and dvla etc, and was wondering, I have no desire to drive class 2 and want to go straight to driving class 1 when I pass, so my question is, would I benefit at all from class 2 driving or are the trucks completely different and not relate to each other?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Get the licences and see what jobs are available

Can find van jobs might pay more than artic ones !!

I have no desire to drive class 2 and want to go straight to driving class 1 when I pass, so my question is, would I benefit at all from class 2 driving or are the trucks completely different and not relate to each other?

There’s arguments both ways. Some will say that it’s best to get experience before going for class 1; the downside is that bad habits creep in and you have to get back into “learning mode”.

If you go straight through to class 1 then you don’t have the bad habits - - but you wont have the road experience with a larger vehicle.

I have had years of experience in training folks who have followed either route and I believe you’re possibly marginally better off going straight through to class 1.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

You have to go do you Cat C ( 2 ) then Cat CE (1) after you pass C you can go straight to CE if you want you will still be in learning mode if you do but as Peter said lack experience on the road with a large vehicle

I passed my C took time off then passed CE when I passed that a lot more doors opened for me

But look for a good trainer go direct avoid brokers

Thanks for the advice guys, I have spoken to a couple of training schools direct and intended on doing assessment drives with both before making a decision on who to train with. Thanks to other advice on here I have avoided agents.
medical booked for 14th Jan. So from there onwards and upwards.