Doing my head in

Evening ladies and gents, Been using search to try and find previous on topic but no joy. Anyway can anyone help with daily rests and starting at different times please. Started new job monday card in at 7am, card out 9pm. Rest till 7am today which is 10hours so one of my reductions. So as I say card back in 7am today and out at 5pm. What time is earliest I can start tomorrow? I think 6am because I have to ‘roll’ the 24hr period back so if I start any earlier than 6am it would mean I had less than 9hrs break yesterday. Or am I just talking out my a? As I said - doing my head in…Thanks in advance :question:

You can start again at 02:00, which will be another reduction. If you don’t want to use another reduced daily rest you can start again at 04:00 after 11 hours rest.

A new 24 hour period begins when you resume work after a rest period, you never have to ‘roll a 24-hour period back’.

slow69:
Evening ladies and gents, Been using search to try and find previous on topic but no joy. Anyway can anyone help with daily rests and starting at different times please. Started new job monday card in at 7am, card out 9pm. Rest till 7am today which is 10hours so one of my reductions. So as I say card back in 7am today and out at 5pm. What time is earliest I can start tomorrow? I think 6am because I have to ‘roll’ the 24hr period back so if I start any earlier than 6am it would mean I had less than 9hrs break yesterday. Or am I just talking out my a? As I said - doing my head in…Thanks in advance :question:

Okay, without trying to confuse matters the fact that on Monday your card went in at 0700 and came out at 2100 means you’ve had a reduced break already, you starting at 0700 today didn’t alter that, you could have started at 0800 (eleven hours after you stopped) but you would still have reduced your break by virtue of the fact that you are required to have 11 hours break in a 24 hour period (which obviously can be reduced a maximum of three times between weekly breaks).
Today you took your card out at 1700 so could legally start again at 0200 but you would once again be reducing your break (leaving only one more reduced break available). If tomorrow you start any later than 0400 you have satisfied the requirements for 11 hours off.

God, reading that back makes it sounds very complicated doesn’t it? :neutral_face:

Thanks very much for clearing that up for me thats a massive help! Best get to bed then if im up in 4 hours lol!

:smiley: . It aint a target dude!

keep in mind if you start at 0200 you may be restricted to the 10 hour rule, dependant on if your company have opted out.

I know what you mean. It feels odd and you question it. When tramping on boxes we’d occasionally have a Friday tip at Scunthorpe. I would have run up from the grain in Kent having started the morning before. They often couldnt tip the box until well into the evening. I’d have only a 11 in 24 rest left and would be too tight as took hours to tip. So, despite having only worked 6 hours, used to drop the skele on the bay at 2pm and hook up at 0100, retrieve paperwork from my wiper blade and run in nice and early sat.

Freight Dog:
I know what you mean. It feels odd and you question it. When tramping on boxes we’d occasionally have a Friday tip at Scunthorpe. I would have run up from the grain in Kent having started the morning before. They often couldnt tip the box until well into the evening. I’d have only a 11 in 24 rest left and would be too tight as took hours to tip. So, despite having only worked 6 hours, used to drop the skele on the bay at 2pm and hook up at 0100, retrieve paperwork from my wiper blade and run in nice and early sat.

It’s great when places let you do that drop the trailer and they’ll tip it through the night for you so you can get off early the next morning. They let you do the same at Argos Bridgewater. However try and ask to do the same at Basildon, Lutterworth or Heywood and its like asking them if you can ■■■■ on their grave :unamused:

the maoster:
:smiley: . It aint a target dude!

If you playing the tramping game, they are all targets. go over! you lose.