Doh!

What a donkey! Parked up at 1800 last night, had early night for an early start, got up at 0300 this morning, put start country on card and did my walk arounds before remembering I’d started at 0500 yesterday and did 9 hour 50 minutes driving! So here I am sat reading TN and killing time at 0425! ■■■■ this alzheimers. :smiley:

Go on then I’ll bite. Why didn’t you start at 03:00 then? The only reason I can see, and it’s not clear from the info you’ve posted so far, would be no more reduced rest periods available.

I don’t understand either… I don’t get what is wrong with starting at 3:00am if you’ve had 9 hours off regardless of how much driving you done the day before??.. I done a 9:58 driving and a 14:52 working day yesterday when I parked up at 21:40 for the night and today I started at 06:40.

You are both correct in that using a reduced break it was legal to start work at 3am, however (and this catches loads out) you can only drive a maximum of 10 hours in any 24 hour period. My 24 hour period started at 5 am the previous day, as I’d done nearly 10 hours driving I couldn’t then legally start driving until 0445 or thereabouts. Dunno if I’ve explained that clearly enough, but I know what I mean. :smiley:

Edit, having rechecked my op I had 10 mins driving left, so couldn’t start driving until 0449 at the earliest.

the maoster:
You are both correct in that using a reduced break it was legal to start work at 3am, however (and this catches loads out) you can only drive a maximum of 10 hours in any 24 hour period. My 24 hour period started at 5 am the previous day, as I’d done nearly 10 hours driving I couldn’t then legally start driving until 0445 or thereabouts. Dunno if I’ve explained that clearly enough, but I know what I mean. :smiley:

Edit, having rechecked my op I had 10 mins driving left, so couldn’t start driving until 0449 at the earliest.

You are talking one load of pish.

the maoster:

I’m sorry to say that it’s you who’s been caught out, when driving on EU regulations the 24 hour period is reset at the end of a daily or reduced daily rest period.

In other words when you’ve finished a daily rest period a new 24 hour period begins.

From what you’ve posted you could have started driving at 03:00 when your 9 hour reduced daily rest period finished :wink:

Article 4 (EC) 561/2006

(k) ‘daily driving time’ means the total accumulated driving
time between the end of one daily rest period and the
beginning of the following daily rest period or between a
daily rest period and a weekly rest period;

tachograph:

the maoster:

I’m sorry to say that it’s you who’s been caught out, when driving on EU regulations the 24 hour period is reset at the end of a daily or reduced daily rest period.

In other words when you’ve finished a daily rest period a new 24 hour period begins.

From what you’ve posted you could have started driving at 03:00 when your 9 hour reduced daily rest period finished :wink:

Article 4 (EC) 561/2006

(k) ‘daily driving time’ means the total accumulated driving
time between the end of one daily rest period and the
beginning of the following daily rest period or between a
daily rest period and a weekly rest period;

Hmmm, that is interesting. Now I’ll have to get on to the TM and tell him that Tachodiscs software needs updating (wouldn’t be the first time they’ve been wrong).

the maoster:
You are both correct in that using a reduced break it was legal to start work at 3am, however (and this catches loads out) you can only drive a maximum of 10 hours in any 24 hour period. My 24 hour period started at 5 am the previous day, as I’d done nearly 10 hours driving I couldn’t then legally start driving until 0445 or thereabouts. Dunno if I’ve explained that clearly enough, but I know what I mean. :smiley:Edit, having rechecked my op I had 10 mins driving left, so couldn’t start driving until 0449 at the earliest.

you can legally drive 13.5 hrs in a day! :open_mouth: :unamused: :laughing: :sunglasses: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: doh, it doesn’t catch that many out! :bulb:

The instructor on my cpc thought you had to start at the same time every day the 24hr period in till we showed him the vosa booklet and said its not in there I work on the theory if you take all your brakes at the right length and rest you’ll be fine.

Fatboy slimslow:

the maoster:
You are both correct in that using a reduced break it was legal to start work at 3am, however (and this catches loads out) you can only drive a maximum of 10 hours in any 24 hour period. My 24 hour period started at 5 am the previous day, as I’d done nearly 10 hours driving I couldn’t then legally start driving until 0445 or thereabouts. Dunno if I’ve explained that clearly enough, but I know what I mean. :smiley:Edit, having rechecked my op I had 10 mins driving left, so couldn’t start driving until 0449 at the earliest.

you can legally drive 13.5 hrs in a day! :open_mouth: :unamused: :laughing: :sunglasses: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: doh, it doesn’t catch that many out! :bulb:

we’re on EU regs. not domestic.
yes you can drive for 13.5 hours in a 24 hour period as long as you’ve taken your time off between working periods.
this was covered a very long time ago in the courts.
there’s being a bit out of date with the regs, and there’s living in the dark ages. :laughing:

limeyphil:

Fatboy slimslow:

the maoster:

we’re on EU regs. not domestic.
yes you can drive for 13.5 hours in a 24 hour period as long as you’ve taken your time off between working periods.
this was covered a very long time ago in the courts.
there’s being a bit out of date with the regs, and there’s living in the dark ages. :laughing:

Correct, eu regs Phil! :grimacing: as long as you’ve had 9 hours off! Driver :sunglasses: