A new form of load security, or how to ensure that
no one can open the back door,s

It must be me, the point is?

Edward,
It’s the wrong way round ! Ok if you don’t need to back omto a bay :smiley:

Edward Teller:
It must be me, the point is?

Dude, the box is on back-to-front! :laughing:

Sorry about the dodgy camphone. This LG is rubbish.
Anyway, the boss was furious. The freight was already late when he turned up like this.
Still, never mind eh… the rest of us had a good laugh. :smiley:

Of course it is I was just seeing if you had noticed. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

the writting was still the right way ■■? doh :laughing:

Saves a long walk to get the milk out of the fridge at break time.

Come on, how many box jockeys on here have done this? I’ll admit to doing it ONLY the once but luckily noticed my mistake before getting too far down the road. :blush: :laughing:

gazwrf:
the writting was still the right way ■■? doh :laughing:

Yes! And it will be the same on the other side :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Used to have to load 20fts like that when you tipped at Michelin,Stoke.They used to lift it off to tip and you could see the faces as you went up the M6 thinking"look at that ■■■■■■,how’s he going to tip that"

Having never yet done boxes i have no idea on this, However how does this happen? do you not drive in on a one way system and always get loaded from the same side? This is just how i assumed it would’ve been done thus no boxes being loaded arse backwards or am i just putting too much faith in thinking that the loader actually gives a [zb]

Reef:
Having never yet done boxes i have no idea on this, However how does this happen? do you not drive in on a one way system and always get loaded from the same side? This is just how i assumed it would’ve been done thus no boxes being loaded arse backwards or am i just putting too much faith in thinking that the loader actually gives a [zb]

Yeah - too much faith :wink:

It’s fairly easy :blush: with reefers (as that pic is) because the reefer slots are stacked alternately so one stand of electric hook ups can service two boxes.

Eh ■■

Even I can’t follow that :blush:

Depends on the Port and whether the driver has bothered to clean his ears out to hear the tannoy and engage his brain to process the info that morning. :wink:

Rough guide from South to North:-

Southampton you need to wave at them to turn as it’s straddlers.A lot. Then some more.

Grain (Thamesport) should be ok as there’s only one way to get loaded and from one direction. If not, find a stacker. There’ll be one in Essex. The driver will be in Suffolk. The guy on the controls directing the cranes will be selectively deaf.

Tilbury is straddlers again, but they wait for direction so no excuse for not spotting it and signalling to turn. Applies to 43 and 39 Berths. If it happens on 43 berth expect jeers, whistles, insults etc. from Control, broadcast to the entire berth by tannoy. Also expect them to remember you next time and start a repeat performance as soon as you show your face on the grid. React with anything other than a grin and a sheepish look and expect the “welcome” to become “tradition”.

Felixstowe they don’t care, but will sit and read the paper for anything up to an hour until you manouever just so under the box…there’s an intercom system to tell them if you’re going to turn, if you don’t the ■■■■■■ will have vanished by the time you get back never to be seen again. Ditto if you don’t cotton on by tea break, which is never more than an hour away. Don’t ■■■■ or burp whilst using the intercom, they’ll shut the port for “wind”.

Harwich and Ipswich are small enough to care, and usually tell you. They are unfortunately not big enough to notice you have turned up for a good hour.

Ditto Immingham. True for both stackers and cranes at those. Don’t take a gooseneck trailer under the crane at Immingham, it confuses them. No matter how many times that day/week you’ve been in.

Hull is stackers and you have to find your box first. Ditto most P&O terminals. Driver’s job to get waiting the right way round to start with after finding your box. Don’t u-turn between the stacks. Someone ripped the side out of a Geest box doing that once and they banned it as a result. Nothing to do with me… :blush:

Tees will tell you under the crane. If you don’t hear the first time, they will repeat. If you still don’t get it they will repeat and swear. Fourth time they just swear. Fifth time they give up and dump it on the deck in front of you, where you will sit until a stacker driver comes and calls you a ■■■■■■ before loading it. They don’t suffer fools gladly. Not their fault. There are a lot of fools in trucks at Tees.

Liverpool (Seaforth) is straddlers again, signal to turn. Don’t pull out of your slot whatever you do, because someone will stuff an aging over-rated V8 Scania in as soon as you twitch.

Portbury is stackers so will turn for you. Nice lads there. :open_mouth:

Never done Purfleet or Killingholme so no idea.

Railheads it’s usually down to you to spot and turn under the crane and to signal to the stacker. Ditto storage yards - Pentalver, Seaborne, LCS, Norcon etc. etc. etc. They have miserable little lives in those places, so they’ll load you wrong for the laugh.

Any I’ve missed? :blush:

jase:
Used to have to load 20fts like that when you tipped at Michelin,Stoke.They used to lift it off to tip and you could see the faces as you went up the M6 thinking"look at that ■■■■■■,how’s he going to tip that"

me too about 14yrs ago till i got banned from site because i was late by 15 mins to book in brought the unloading bay to a standstill and the MD came down and ordered the police to move me on :sunglasses:

Lucy:
Depends on the Port and whether the driver has bothered to clean his ears out to hear the tannoy and engage his brain to process the info that morning. :wink:

Rough guide from South to North:-

Southampton you need to wave at them to turn as it’s straddlers.A lot. Then some more.

Grain (Thamesport) should be ok as there’s only one way to get loaded and from one direction. If not, find a stacker. There’ll be one in Essex. The driver will be in Suffolk. The guy on the controls directing the cranes will be selectively deaf.

Tilbury is straddlers again, but they wait for direction so no excuse for not spotting it and signalling to turn. Applies to 43 and 39 Berths. If it happens on 43 berth expect jeers, whistles, insults etc. from Control, broadcast to the entire berth by tannoy. Also expect them to remember you next time and start a repeat performance as soon as you show your face on the grid. React with anything other than a grin and a sheepish look and expect the “welcome” to become “tradition”.

Felixstowe they don’t care, but will sit and read the paper for anything up to an hour until you manouever just so under the box…there’s an intercom system to tell them if you’re going to turn, if you don’t the ■■■■■■ will have vanished by the time you get back never to be seen again. Ditto if you don’t cotton on by tea break, which is never more than an hour away. Don’t ■■■■ or burp whilst using the intercom, they’ll shut the port for “wind”.

Harwich and Ipswich are small enough to care, and usually tell you. They are unfortunately not big enough to notice you have turned up for a good hour.

Ditto Immingham. True for both stackers and cranes at those. Don’t take a gooseneck trailer under the crane at Immingham, it confuses them. No matter how many times that day/week you’ve been in.

Hull is stackers and you have to find your box first. Ditto most P&O terminals. Driver’s job to get waiting the right way round to start with after finding your box. Don’t u-turn between the stacks. Someone ripped the side out of a Geest box doing that once and they banned it as a result. Nothing to do with me… :blush:

Tees will tell you under the crane. If you don’t hear the first time, they will repeat. If you still don’t get it they will repeat and swear. Fourth time they just swear. Fifth time they give up and dump it on the deck in front of you, where you will sit until a stacker driver comes and calls you a ■■■■■■ before loading it. They don’t suffer fools gladly. Not their fault. There are a lot of fools in trucks at Tees.

Liverpool (Seaforth) is straddlers again, signal to turn. Don’t pull out of your slot whatever you do, because someone will stuff an aging over-rated V8 Scania in as soon as you twitch.

Portbury is stackers so will turn for you. Nice lads there. :open_mouth:

Never done Purfleet or Killingholme so no idea.

Railheads it’s usually down to you to spot and turn under the crane and to signal to the stacker. Ditto storage yards - Pentalver, Seaborne, LCS, Norcon etc. etc. etc. They have miserable little lives in those places, so they’ll load you wrong for the laugh.

Any I’ve missed? :blush:

no but why do the little hitlers in felix think they cant move an inch but you can.surely in this day and age they can improve on this outdated system.everywhere else you get out the cab,and stand forward of the unit regardless of the weather.

only went last wed,first time in over 7 yrs,and the place is still useless.