Doesnt pay to be honest

goes in office tonight and asks for one of our trailers to be defected as the handle wont engage to shut back doors,boss says have you bent another thats 4 in the last two weeks :confused: :confused: what do you mean i havent bust one let alone 4 ,boss -yes you have look theres 4 busted back doors all reported by you, me- just because you defect it doesnt mean youve bust it just means your trying to do a half decent job , boss - but if you look through the defect book weve had for 5 months 99 % of the defects reported are by you .
me zbs off , gets in truck and from now on ill do what the rest do leave the problem for the next bloke.

No ady1 you carry on doing as you are mate. Don’t become one of the cowboys.

If the other muppets want to lose their licence when you hit a bump, a door flies open and kills an innocent old lady walking down the street that’s up to them. They’ll be the ones answering a charge of manslaughter.

I’m not saying get all millitant and arsey about it. But if there is a genuine defect that could affect safety don’t move it

If it isn’t right - it doesn’t go out. End of.

Yes Ady i agree with Fenman on that you just keep reporting the defects because safety of yourselve and others come before anything else i have been interveiwed by the hse over a accident at work and believe me after a serious accident at work the whole atmosphere of the place is different ,its never the same again.
If you find a defect and do not report it then if someone is hurt, its down to you so report it.
klunk

the best thing if possible is to examine the trailer before you even get in your truck then he cant say anything unless he thinks your damaging it with your steel toe caps or thermos :laughing:

Even if there isnt an incedent caused by a vehicle defect. You could still land in the smelly stuff at a roadside inspection. Its your license, and your gaffers operating license.

Keep defecting Ady,at the start of your shift get any defects signed for and if possible rectified. Obviously some defects will mean you cant take the motor out but hey… it’s YOU thats responsible for the thing and its load on the highway so cover your backside.

If it were me I would probably defect the boss :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

But then again thats why they call me Semtex (explosive temper)

Might be time to start looking for something else.

Just be glad you dont do ferry freight then! We have a lot of problems with our trailer doors, they do shut eventually but have a tendancy to drop down so shutting them is very hard work, normally involving a crow bar to prise them back up again. Mind you, not so long ago, another driver picked a trailer up, opened the back doors for the paperwork and the door came off and landed on the ground!

However…I won’t complain too much because the alternative is them horrible tilt like flaps instead of doors, dont even get me started on their possible faults! :laughing:

ady1:
goes in office tonight and asks for one of our trailers to be defected as the handle wont engage to shut back doors,boss says have you bent another thats 4 in the last two weeks :confused: :confused: what do you mean i havent bust one let alone 4 ,boss -yes you have look theres 4 busted back doors all reported by you, me- just because you defect it doesnt mean youve bust it just means your trying to do a half decent job , boss - but if you look through the defect book weve had for 5 months 99 % of the defects reported are by you .
me zbs off , gets in truck and from now on ill do what the rest do leave the problem for the next bloke.

“No problem Boss, I’ll do what everyone else does and not report them. Can’t say I’ll be able to do the same when the Ministry pull me though…”

Its not worth joining the cowboys mate , i would much rather have to explaine my self a few times to the transport manager than the POLICE/D.O.T.!!!

i did an assessment like you do for Argos and going thru the yard we stopped by the garage where the assessor pointed out Bill or Bob

The garage hated him because he was always breaking things :laughing:

the assesor said he must be the only bloke on the firm who knew where the defect book was

there is the keys, there is the paperwork and there is a vacancy to be filled cos i wont be back