Does this annoy anyone else?

The price of juice is hitting all our pockets, but its the few lines in bold that got right up my nose :imp:

Its it not just another classic example of some clueless woman sounding off having never set foot in the cab of a HGV let alone drive one…

==========

Regarding the story £1.99? He’s ripping us off, say angry drivers, Echo, June 17, I think the only people who should have an opinion are the customers who bought the fuel.

Most seemed very happy with their £24 MOT voucher. Don’t you know how ridiculous you all sound when you realise what a small amount of fuel was sold and that each customer was rationed to just six litres? Do you know how many litres were sold on Monday? Do you know how much money we are talking about?

The price has gone back to 120.9, so I can’t see why people are all still moaning.

All the taxi drivers, etc, still make a profit day in, day out on their business and the fuel price rises get passed on to customers.

We are talking about six litres of fuel here and people were begging for more.

The plans for flats at Foxhayes garage do not affect the running of the workshop or car sales business.

Now the tanker drivers’ strike is over, customers will revert to buying their fuel at Sainsbury’s and Tesco, as has been the case over the last 10 years.

If my dad, Ron James, was the “greediest” petrol station owner, why did he stay open five extra hours on Sunday due to demand, selling at the £120.9 price?

I was cooking his dinner when he rang to say that he was going to stay open, as fuel was running low around the city.

Remember, the profit on fuel is only 4p per litre gross. There’s more profit in selling a Mars bar!

He is actually a very kind and generous father and grandfather and I am fed up with reading snippets and lies in the press suggesting otherwise.

Some of the abuse he has suffered is verging on being slanderous.

Hopefully, planning permission will be granted so he won’t need to put up with the small-minded readers who really know very little about running a business, paying huge business rates and keeping pace with the minimum wage.

It has been his life’s work running his business and now his post office is on the list for closure. Maybe he should get a job as a tanker driver - fewer hours, no stress and almost £40,000 per year.

I would like to say a huge thank you for all the messages of support and understanding that also haven’t been reported. After all, that doesn’t make a good story.

Sharon James

Dusty321:
The price of juice is hitting all our pockets, but its the few lines in bold that got right up my nose :imp:

Maybe he should get a job as a tanker driver - fewer hours, no stress

Why would that bother you, a tanker driver probably does work fewer hours and have less stress than the owner of a small to medium sized petrol station.

Care in the community clearly doesn’t work :stuck_out_tongue:

tachograph:

Dusty321:

Maybe he should get a job as a tanker driver - fewer hours, no stress

Why would that bother you, a tanker driver probably does work fewer hours and have less stress than the owner of a small to medium sized petrol station.

Maybe I should have explained more clearly. Its the notion that a driver of a tanker (or any drive of a big vehicle come to think) works in a stress free environment, this coming from a person who sits at a desk writing stories.

It get on my ■■■■ when people say “well your only a drive, how hard can that be”

All the taxi drivers, etc, still make a profit day in, day out on their business and the fuel price rises get passed on to customers.

Prices are past on to customers, then customers stop using cabs, then we have no work.

I was a cab driver for 7 years until I was made bankrupt due to the lack of work, and I was sitting out there for 12 hours per day, 7 days a week

The price has gone back to 120.9, so I can’t see why people are all still moaning.

So if the price has gone back to what it was, why have some of the transport businesses gone out of businesses

Hitting 6 quid a gallon in some area’s now! And with the “upto 40%” rise in Gas and Electric… :unamused:

Just keeps getting better…

Notice how she doesn’t actually say how many litres were sold in that day, its all well and good rationing people to 6 litres but at 1.99 instead of 1.21 thats £4.68 per person more than he would normally have got. How is that not greed, he was surely rationing it so that he could get more customers. At my 2 local garages one owners runs round in a new range rover and the other a new Bentley continental. Not bad considering thy alledgedly make now money out of fuel.

Greg:
Notice how she doesn’t actually say how many litres were sold in that day, its all well and good rationing people to 6 litres but at 1.99 instead of 1.21 thats £4.68 per person more than he would normally have got. How is that not greed, he was surely rationing it so that he could get more customers. At my 2 local garages one owners runs round in a new range rover and the other a new Bentley continental. Not bad considering thy alledgedly make now money out of fuel.

He probably gets a lot of owner drivers in and sells a lot more Mars bars :smiley:

YAAAAAAWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

Very nice story that one, bored about how “he” was offering a service.

Smoke me a kipper!

We are watching you Clarky

Everyone has ducked lol

Fail to see how it was anything other than taking advantage of the situation. Presumably the theory being anybody really desperate for fuel would pay whatever he wanted to charge, and by limiting people to 6litres then it looks like hes trying to distribute fuel evenly to help people not make a profit. But if that’s what he wanted to do, why not just keep the price the same and ration people, or did he really think he could single handedly keep the entire city fuelled up with his clever strategy?

A ÂŁ25 MOT voucher, presumably valid at one garage, how much do they charge for an MOT? ÂŁ50? Can get an MOT for ÂŁ25 anyway, just a gimmick.

Besides what did he expect to come from it all, if he’s so clever then surely he realised people would see him as taking advantage of the situation, and by you losing your rag at truckers on a truckers forum you’re not a shining display of rationale.

Kiowan:
and by you losing your rag at truckers on a truckers forum you’re not a shining display of rationale.

Who’s losing what rag, what… Eh? :confused: