Does the truck livery make a difference

muckles:
I’m sure it really does make a difference, maybe just getting the truck noticed, means that somebody remembers you.
Companies spend millions on their logo’s and corporate image and they would bother if a white packet with a bit of black writting was all that was needed to make a customer notice it.

DHL deliver for lots of BIG companies here and in other countries they have bog standard lorries sometimes with dhl on the door I am by no means saying I like them but they dont seem to find the need for spotlights,spoilers etc to find work, you dont see Stobbies with all the crap either.

They are pretty cheap and well organised though maybe theres a connection with that side?.

A local company to me is A Rose and sons they have some of the biggest piles of crap you have ever seen with bits falling off , holes in the cabs and beds of the lorries BUT they are busy you never see many lorries stood for long no fancy logos no fancy lights just cheap.

Would Eddie Stobart be as famous if he only ran white lorries & plain blue trailers? I’m certainly not saying it’s the best livery but it certainly stands out from the crowd!

And it doesn’t have to be a new motor, some of the older, cared for lorries (with signwriting, not stickers) still look impressive! Most of them are older companies to ( J R Adams around here) and alot of the jocks, with their tartan painted on always look good!

Me? I’ve always put some thought into my own livery and how it will look on a particular vehicle - vans or lorry!

A lot of the old Irish Daf’s Scania & Volvos are tidy as hell, look well and a lot of them that pull the fridges are 5yrs old +… Mind you there are a lot of bangers as well.

jammymutt:

muckles:
I’m sure it really does make a difference, maybe just getting the truck noticed, means that somebody remembers you.
Companies spend millions on their logo’s and corporate image and they would bother if a white packet with a bit of black writting was all that was needed to make a customer notice it.

DHL deliver for lots of BIG companies here and in other countries they have bog standard lorries sometimes with dhl on the door I am by no means saying I like them but they dont seem to find the need for spotlights,spoilers etc to find work, you dont see Stobbies with all the crap either.

They are pretty cheap and well organised though maybe theres a connection with that side?.

A local company to me is A Rose and sons they have some of the biggest piles of crap you have ever seen with bits falling off , holes in the cabs and beds of the lorries BUT they are busy you never see many lorries stood for long no fancy logos no fancy lights just cheap.

This isn’t a discussion about blinged up trucks, but a smart striking livery, (paint job and design) and you’ve just quoted 2 large companies who have a distinct livery and get noticed.

I personally think a clean washed truck and trailer,and a driver that looks presentable,is as effective as a truck with a fancy livery.

Ken.

a nice clean motor and trailer do just the job, a ■■■■■■■ up motor and a rusty old trailer just make’s it look like a cowboy outfit. I like tidy motors but wouldn’t spend the money on the airbrushing off pics and go ott on the interior, if the money was available (when i win the lotto) a nice black leather interior would be idea can’t stain it with 5th wheel grease and subaru blue tractor unit with the shiny bits tanks, wheels, stacks,hi and lo bar. sorry about blagin on.

I think it’s a personal touch that small companies like there trucks to look good

but with regard the big companies i think it’s a cost thing as to why their don’t do much ( with a few exceptions) i think that if you’re the driver of a truck is done up to look nice you may feel good about it if you driving a bag of than you as the driver mite be embarrassed.

del

( no stars allowed ) jd

I think a lot of the big operators are tending to use plain trucks(or at least toning down the liveries) more now because of the cost, but as they already have the work they dont really care.

But as with everything at the moment, 99% of companies are looking for the cheapest option for transport, so I doubt whether a plain white truck, fully liveried truck or custom truck makes much difference.

To a degree it depends on what your business is. If you’re Tesco you spend more on your stores because that is mainly how your customer views you, if you’re a haulier you spend your time getting the spec and livery of your vehicles right as that is how your customers see you. Hence the difference between Tesco motors and Stobarts, even to they’re pulling the same trailers. The DHL motors I have driven were well presented - Danzas/airfreight, but some of their stuff is still being absorbed from various takeovers and contract swaps.

Fastrantiger:

ROG:
A clean and well presented truck helps to keep the officials from taking too much of an interest.

I agree with the above, there is nothing worse than a truck plastered with murals such as rock stars, naked ladies :open_mouth: , animals etc, it just looks cheap, nasty and childish. Certainly not professional looking or a good business image.

Tiger

…I quite like naked ladies

i think it works well a good livery, it gets noticed, as muckles pointed out

i wish our lot would come up with something a little more up to date than the ghostbusters font they use, some of the drivers prefer them plain black,but i prefer them with writing down the side as i am proud of who i work for

I think a well presented truck does make a differance, makes the company an driver look proffesional

i like mine its nice and simple

like me

little enis:
Are you proud to drive your truck because your governor put a little bit of money and passion into your truck and does it make you a better driver, or are you ashamed of your bland boring looking truck.Pics are not nessessarily required but your thoughts are.

It doesn’t bother me what anyone else does but i prefer a bog standard looking unit with no distinguishing marks/livery/logo. I learn’t a long time ago that its not always good to be readily identifiable .

i think a nice livery does make you stand out from the crowd and a looked after wagon does look better, plus if its neat and tidy on the outside drivers are more inclined to look after it inside.

i used to like innovates livery, a bit random but eye catching (shame they couldnt afford to keep running really)

i think a nice liveried truck does send out a good image to customer. now i only drive an old x reg topline but i try my best to keep it clean and tidy,after all we are the front line of the company.
Photobucket

Quinny:
I personally think a clean washed truck and trailer,and a driver that looks presentable,is as effective as a truck with a fancy livery.

Ken.

im with quinny on this one, plus if all the fleet look the same and clean and distingused then when you see them on the road you are never sure if its the same one you saw earlier or another one so it gives a greater fleet presence on the road.

jessicas dad:

Quinny:

Ken.

im with quinny on this one, plus if all the fleet look the same and clean and distingused then when you see them on the road you are never sure if its the same one you saw earlier or another one so it gives a greater fleet presence on the road.

+1

Give me a good spec motor thats reliable and well maintained, clean on the outside, clean on the inside. I`ll be a Happy bloke

If you want a professional image, try looking at some of the Stagecoach buses running in Basingstoke!!!
They tell to us to act professional, no problem there however they ought to look at repairing all the dents and scratches - on one bus somebody hit the nearside rear corner, fitters repair? Cover the hole with masking tape and paint it red to “match” the livery… :unamused: