Does the iveco stralis have a 12v cigarette lighter?

Just bringing a thread back to life for some info if poss please !

I’m staying in a 16 plate stralis whilst training this week and every 10-15 min the 12 volt cuts socket out and I loose power to it ( and my cooler).
Any ideas why and solutions ? Don’t wanna loose a weeks bait

Also there’s an annoying beep from towards the front of the dash every 30-40 seconds that’s gonna drive me insane if I can’t stop it

Answers on a postcard won’t do , I need it quicker than that if at all possible please !

You know what I do now?
I went into Sainsburys and bought 4 powerbank batteries and I charge them up at the weekend.They last me all week.I got fed up with using cigarette lighters because of the 12/24 volt uncertainty,or it might not be working.Ive even known one labelled 12v but giving out 24 because it was wired up incorrectly.I had a voltmeter at the time

I’m just gonna leave the key turned one click for the power , but this beeping is going to drive me insane

Is there a button with a picture of a battery on it? If so, click it a couple of times and the electric will come back on then stay on. If not (I forget what age they changed them) turning the interior light on and off will have the same effect.

Lucy:
Is there a button with a picture of a battery on it? If so, click it a couple of times and the electric will come back on then stay on. If not (I forget what age they changed them) turning the interior light on and off will have the same effect.

Superstar ! Thank you. That’s sorted it nicely.
The beep was a low battery on the smoke alarm.

Here’s to a proper nights sleep

As above, got a job starting tomo and need to know if the truck has a 12v socket!
First time staying out in the truck and i dont wanna be bored! Bought a power inverter to run my laptop etc and i blew my last one up by plugging it into 24v :frowning:

Regards

James :unamused:

bump, Need to know asap

ive never plugged my inverter into the ciggy lighter, most trucks have proper aux sockets and whilst i dont know about leccy things my merc has a 12v/24v switch to change the aux from 1 to the other.

yes i think it does its got 2 one 24v the other 12v should be a sticker teling you which one

The 12v lighter socket is a Dealer Fit optional on the Stralis so it depends on if it was specced at the time of purchase!
A lot of them DO have it fitted as standard by the dealers but as default they aren’t.

Not much help was it?
Alex

Any help is good. . . I think they have the 12v socket but not the standard cigarette one! I will stop at a services at some point if ■■■ aint got the right socket, Im sure they do some kind of converter, only problem is it will cost a million pound! Dam

Blackrandomapple:
Any help is good. . . I think they have the 12v socket but not the standard cigarette one! I will stop at a services at some point if ■■■ aint got the right socket, Im sure they do some kind of converter, only problem is it will cost a million pound! Dam

Just stop by the nearest maplins and run in and get one, they normally have inverters/converters for about a tenner. Not the best ones but they will do the job safely.

Not sure i will fit in maplins car park :laughing:

Most decent truckstop shops sell an adapter to turn the hella plug socket into a standard ciggy lighter socket.

Lymme truckstop, Gordano cb shack, Exeter cb shack, chippenham truckstop, CDC etc These ones definatly do

if its the active spacecab there is a 12 volt socket on passenger side wall at the fold down shelf

curly:
if its the active spacecab there is a 12 volt socket on passenger side wall at the fold down shelf

Will check tis out tomo morn!!!
Bought a shiney new pronav today too :smiley:

Sorry to hi jack the thread but im just after abit of information, i plugged my coolbox fridge into my 12v socket it ran for about half an hour and then it melted the plug and blew the fuse on the cig lighter, does anyone know what the problem could be.

Cheers Liam

budgie69:
Sorry to hi jack the thread but im just after abit of information, i plugged my coolbox fridge into my 12v socket it ran for about half an hour and then it melted the plug and blew the fuse on the cig lighter, does anyone know what the problem could be.

Cheers Liam

Are you sure it was 12v? This is what i dont want to happen to me

It did run my sat nav and phone charger so i assume its 12v.

budgie69:
It did run my sat nav and phone charger so i assume its 12v.

Some Sat Nav’s and Phone chargers can run off both 24 and 12v so it may have been 24.