Does not fit

thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol … 784628.ece

seen this in the scottish sun,fire brigade had to deflate the tyres to get the motor out

I bet the truck driver got blamed :confused: - not his fault that they built the bridge too low :exclamation: :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

I like the writing on the side of the van “It makes good business sense” I’m not sure how that connects with stuffing it under a bridge

Part Timer:
I like the writing on the side of the van “It makes good business sense” I’m not sure how that connects with stuffing it under a bridge

“It makes good business sense” to check your truck will actually fit under the bridge!!! and looks like he did’nt exactly drive under it slowly and is that a 12’4 bride and he was 12’6■■?

it’s a local lorry i think :unamused: :open_mouth: :exclamation: :exclamation:

There seem to be about 2 of these stories a week at the moment.
What has changed? has everyone suddenly got careless?

I would never, ever, get into a large vehicle without finding out the height, and if I see a bridge ahead I look at the posted height before going under.

Perhaps people just don’t care!

Scarab:
There seem to be about 2 of these stories a week at the moment.
What has changed? has everyone suddenly got careless?

I would never, ever, get into a large vehicle without finding out the height, and if I see a bridge ahead I look at the posted height before going under.

Perhaps people just don’t care![/quote

common sense prevails…

As it was a 7.5 tonner then there is no guarentee that any proper training or vocational licence has been obtained.

I know that all new drivers have to take there C1 but older drivers still get grandfather rights dont they. So this chap could’ve driven nothing bigger than an ■■■■■■ van before climbing in behind the wheel of this vehicle.

Reef:
As it was a 7.5 tonner then there is no guarentee that any proper training or vocational licence has been obtained.

I know that all new drivers have to take there C1 but older drivers still get grandfather rights dont they. So this chap could’ve driven nothing bigger than an ■■■■■■ van before climbing in behind the wheel of this vehicle.

I’ve just woken up and think it is the way the photo is taken as i thought it was an 18 tonner…my mistake. :astonished: :astonished: :exclamation:

Probably why they changed the rules in 1998!!! For good reason. :exclamation: :exclamation:

pecjam23:

Reef:

I’ve just woken up and think it is the way the photo is taken as i thought it was an 18 tonner…my mistake. :astonished: :astonished: :exclamation:

Probably why they changed the rules in 1998!!! For good reason. :exclamation: :exclamation:

Ummmm actually it would appear that you are more awake than me :blush: :blush: :blush:

I’ve just had another look at the photo and its a Scania…(do they make 7.5t’s now :stuck_out_tongue: )

So your right mate its a 18 tonner and your original post stands…

btw i know Scania dont make a 7.5.t :wink:

Reef:

Since when have Scania been making 7.5 tonners then… :laughing:

Looks like it may have been fitted with a bi-focal windscreen! The driver’s done his best by getting into the middle of the road, but as us 'feshnuls know, this only helps with arch bridges :wink:;-):wink: They do dramatise a bit don’t they. “Driver rescued” I reckon the driver would’ve probably just ‘got out’. Would’ve been a bit of a quick stop i guess, but if they were travelling at much more than 30 i reckon there’d have been a bigger chunk out of the roof than that.

DAF95XF:

Reef:

Since when have Scania been making 7.5 tonners then… :laughing:

Bit slow there wern’t you … It was errr obviously a trick ummmm to see how awake you all were this morning :grimacing: :blush: :blush:

Reef:
Bit slow there wern’t you … It was errr obviously a trick ummmm to see how awake you all were this morning :grimacing: :blush: :blush:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Looks like a fairly new lorry as well… :open_mouth: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Bridge yellow markers also looks like they could tell some stories…

Can you imagine the conversation when he gets home…Had a good day love?
" [zb] off "

auto censor dodge removed…colingl

tasty:
Can you imagine the conversation when he gets home…Had a good day love?
" [zb] off "

“Had a good day love…you know - hit any bridges anything like that?”

“Me?! No don’t be silly, i did’nt hit the bridge - the bridge hit me.”

auto censor dodge removed from the quote :wink: …colingl

Copper: Looks like you’ve hit the bridge then drive

Driver: “Hit the bridge?! Hell no! I was delivering this here overpass when I ran out of diesel!”

Reminds me of the time i was heading towards the clyde tunnel, :confused:

I had 2 trailers, 14.4 and a 15, ,tunnel 15,

battling towards the tunnel, i looked in my mirrors, noticed the cars behind backed off, near stopped, for a split second i did wonder what trailer i had, as the tunnel has height sensers i had no need to worry,

next day i was dilivering in Govan and a van driver said to me he was behind me yeasterday at the tunnel, near [zb] himself,

suppose from a cars point of view, trailers are decieving…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

auto censor dodge removed…colingl

He was prob following satnat advice to go into Cook Street rather than looking at the road signs and the warnings all over the place warning for that bridge.

its not as if there isnt an alternative the streets down there are a grid system, just take the next left and be in the same area.

I hope he gets done for it.

I did this sort of thing in Oct 1990, 2 weeks after passing my test in a 17tonne Dukes wagon. Needless to say, I got a DCM for it.
Some years ago, working for NFT, i was sent to whitchurch, and was given some directions, with the instruction, go under the 12ft 9 in bridge with your 13ft 2in trailer, it will go under, and it did.

2weeks ago driving an artic outside Chorley, I came across a 13ft bridge, nowhere to turn round, so I gently went up to the overheaded chain guide,a nd it went under no problem. So I set about going under the bridge very carefullt, stopping as the trailer got to the mouth of the tunnel. And guess what? It went under with at least a foot clearance.