Does howden lorry park exist and if so how do you get to it?

Came off the m62 at howden and at the roundabout it has a sign saying lorry parking with facilities turn left. So after my drop I came back and crossed that roundabout. On the right is a petrol station then a few large industrial units then you come to a mini roundabout. The postcode for the lorry park shows it as being a right turn at the mini about. I looked over and couldn’t see anything obvious. But at the mini roundabout there is a sign pointing left for the lorry park. You can’t actually go left so I assume it means straight on. Again I couldn’t see anything other than the bridge ahead so I spun round the roundabout and went somewhere else rather than get myself stuck somewhere! Ha.

So is the lorry park actually there and if it is how do I get to it for future reference?

Thanks!

I think the lorry park closed a few years ago, last time I went past in was a commercial vehicle sales company called Hopdeals.
The site is opposite the Ferryboat Inn on the road to Boothferry Bridge.
Used be a nice truckstop 10 years ago.

That would explain why I couldn’t see it then!

Wish the council would take the sign down then haha

I remember the one at the Ferryboat pub, but I’m nearly sure if you come off at the Goole turn off, heading away from Goole, left then past Maccy Ds on left there is a cafe and truck park about 500yds on right.

World’s worst for giving directions btw :blush: , sorry if I am way off. :smiley:

Redbeck Cafe closed nearly a decade ago.

There is one in Goole on one of the roads off to the right of the main road into the town from Junction 36 (Goole) or there is Woodside truckstop off the A614 heading westbound about a mile on your right from J36.

Conor:

There is one in Goole on one of the roads off to the right of the main road into the town from Junction 36 (Goole) or there is Woodside truckstop off the A614 heading westbound about a mile on your right from J36.

Woodside is the one I ‘tried’ :smiley: …to direct him to.

robroy:

Conor:

Draw it in the dirt on your truck Rob :smiley: :smiley:

tango boy:

robroy:

Conor:

Oooohh you ■■■■■ you! :laughing:

robroy:

tango boy:

robroy:

Conor:

Oooohh you ■■■■■ you! :laughing:

Mwah X

robroy:
I remember the one at the Ferryboat pub, but I’m nearly sure if you come off at the Goole turn off, heading away from Goole, left then past Maccy Ds on left there is a cafe and truck park about 500yds on right.

World’s worst for giving directions btw :blush: , sorry if I am way off. :smiley:

The ferry boat is that the one that does breakfasts ,I think I’ve eaten there once .

Punchy Dan:

robroy:

The ferry boat is that the one that does breakfasts ,I think I’ve eaten there once .

It’s the pub opposite the old Truckstop that is a council vehicle depot now.
Had a few pints there at night in the past, but not sure about breakfasts.

robroy:

Correct, if you pass the McDonald’s and shell garage they is a big cafe/lorry Park… I usually just Park at the cafe at the Howden turn off, never had any bother tbh

robroy:

Conor:

Always a good café when I used it yrs ago but you could not o/night,dont know if things have changed.
regards dave.

You used to be able to overnight years ago, they had that entire site on the corner and could fit 30 odd lorries in it but then it got sold and the cafe stayed open but the new owners started to put plant on it they were selling and then it just died a death as a result of only having parking for a handful of trucks but no overnight.

Conor:
You used to be able to overnight years ago, they had that entire site on the corner and could fit 30 odd lorries in it but then it got sold and the cafe stayed open but the new owners started to put plant on it they were selling and then it just died a death as a result of only having parking for a handful of trucks but no overnight.

I seem to remember after closing they used to put chains across the entrances that were removed when café opened in morning 6.00am I think.This would be too late for some of the lads. Im talking late 80s/90s.I stand to be corrected.
regards dave.