Does full ADR course have to be done to count towards CPC?

:laughing: Just remember the caveat in my 1st post, I may be talking ■■■■■■■■ :smiley:

If you aren’t registered, they’ll make you sweat for a week while they send you a stupid code in the post :unamused:

Chris1207:
:lol: Just remember the caveat in my 1st post, I may be talking ■■■■■■■■ :smiley:

If you aren’t registered, they’ll make you sweat for a week while they send you a stupid code in the post :unamused:

Time to sit and sweat then! :smiley:

Chris1207:
I could be wrong, but if you’ve literally only just done your initial CPC, you’d be best waiting a while before doing anymore CPC… I believe any additonal hours done within the first 12 months of gaining CPC (either initial or periodic) can’t be ‘banked’ to count for the next period.

Check with the training provider though!

Chris1207:
A ‘major’ training provider told me that when I enquired about getting CPC credits for a course I was considering after I’d just passed Class 2 & mod 4. Whether it was [zb] or not, who knows, I couldn’t be arsed calling DVSA to check and decided not to do the course anyway. Hence… check with training provider, it may well be [zb]. or if it wasn’t, the goalposts may well have changed - like those with grandfather rights can now do initial CPC instead of 35 hours. Supposedly. Maybe. If they’re feeling in the mood…

As usual, there’s no detailled guidance to be found anywhere, makes you wonder if they make this [zb] up as they go along.

Beez, if you’re signed up for the online CPC thing, check if any additional hours are logged there. If they are, then you have them. It doesn’t let the provider upload hours if they aren’t valid. It’s down tonight, but here’s the link: gov.uk/check-your-driver-cp … ning-hours

Well Chris, luckily for me my 3 banked days are listed as “Valid”, and the initial 5 days I did (6+ months ago) are listed as “Used”.
So it appears that additional days can be banked within the first year of an initial CPC! :smiley:
I’ll note for others that my initial CPC was the Periodic, and therefore it may be different to those who did the modules CPC.

I’m impressed that I get my password in the post today (Saturday) as I only applied for it Thursday morning at 6am!
So hats off to the DVLA, i’m impressed! :smiley:

Although initially I was worried when I saw a letter this morning with the words “Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency” :open_mouth:
I was thinking; Oh crap, what have I done■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Chris1207:
I may be talking ■■■■■■■■ :smiley:

No comment! :grimacing: