Does flashed mean = fine guaranteed?

I fell victim to the revenue cams on the M25, 50 mph limit but I casually strolled down a hill at 98km/h cause the reason was “Roadworks” but there were no roadworks on the motorway, they were on the slip road exiting the M-way and it was 2 a.m. so no traffic or danger of sliproad queue spilling onto the m-way therefor no reason for the speed limit to be there other than catch lazy ficks like me who cba to brake and make some easy £££ for Mr. Khan to invest in affordable housing for the disadvantaged

Am I looking at any pts is my main concern. I was in a truck :blush: 2 flashes in the back. I’ve been flashed before by mistake (doing 50 under a 50 limit or 56 under a 60 etc.) but this time I was over the limit. Also how long deos it take for penalty pts to fade away?

Pretty much so,if the signs say fifty, fifty it is makes no odds where the roadworks are.
You could plead mitigating circumstances that you thought speed sign related to the roadwork on the slip road,might wash,
BUT your still guilty of disobeying road signs as you would not have known where the roadworks where,ahead of you or the slip road.
Good luck if you get away with it.

3 years under totting up, an extra year for decoration last time i heard.
Would be less of a penance for trailer number plate :wink:

You weren’t a victim, you ignored the speed limit.

Anyone is a victim if it’s an unreasonable limit ( that’s most of those below the national speed limit on motorways ).Put there with the intention of criminalising road users to raise revenues and for political reasons to make road use less attractive.

Also doubt that any part of the M25 comes under Khan’s remit certainly not the majority of it.

Juddian:

They could put a speed limit of 40 (like they often do) warning of a “queue ahead” where there is no queue at all and I’ve seen people get flashed because they couldn’t brake in time for the camera. I’d rather donate the money to “Sponsor a child soldier in Africa” charity because ■■■■ Sad ■■■■ Khan and his cancerous city and the useless M25 :grimacing:

Now I finally understand those poor wimps who always do 48 in a 50

Slowing down to 50mph for a few seconds would add seconds to a journey. You’ll spend more seconds dealing with the NIP than you gained by breaking not only the 50mph limit but also breaking the limited speed of the vehicle. You let it fly and got caught so cant really complain about any fine/points.

Moral mission over… it happens, you’ll most likely get offered a speed awareness course instead of a fine/points but I’m sure you’ll still need to tell your insurance company and I’m sure also the price will go up on renewal too, because they can…

ETS:

Juddian:

They could put a speed limit of 40 (like they often do) warning of a “queue ahead” where there is no queue at all and I’ve seen people get flashed because they couldn’t brake in time for the camera. I’d rather donate the money to “Sponsor a child soldier in Africa” charity because [zb] Sad ■■■■ Khan and his cancerous city and the useless M25 :grimacing:

Now I finally understand those poor wimps who always do 48 in a 50

++

Couldn’t brake in time for a 40mph speed limit sign which can be seen from hundreds of yards away?, I now finally understand why breaking down on a live lane of a smart motorway has a nasty chance of one ending up dead :unamused:

The choice is always yours, either obey the limits especially where there is a good chance of a camera, note; keeping ones eyes peeled for cameras makes sense but if they can’t see the illuminated speed limit sign some hopes of spotting a camera :bulb: , or do the other thing carrying doing whatever speed you like and pay the fines and accept the points that method entails.

In your case it wasn’t just creeping over the alleged allowance, eg actually doing 46mph in the 40 limit, you happily admit to 98kph, which comes under taking the ■■■■ hence why the camera flashed.

By the way, i’m one of those wimps who cruise through 50mph roadworks at around 46/48mph in the inside lane, because i don’t want to be jammed in the pushing and shoving tailgating mob trying to travel at 50/54mph stuck right up the arse of the vehicle in front so close they can’t even see a bloody speed camera sign :bulb:

ETS:
I’ve seen people get flashed because they couldn’t brake in time for the camera.

If you think that holds any water you shouldn’t be in a lorry. They’ve had hundreds of yards of warnings, you can see those gantries well in advance. They don’t flash you if they change as you go past them, only after 30 seconds or a minute or so of the change, plenty of time for those approaching them to slow down.

ETS:
I fell victim to the revenue cams on the M25, 50 mph limit but I casually strolled down a hill at 98km/h

60MPH is 96kph so you weren’t even within the normal limits for a truck…

You didn’t fall victim at all, a victim is an innocent person and you were not innocent, you deliberately drove above the speed limit. You got caught because you don’t pay any attention to what speed you’re doing or what is going on around you and not only that, you said you were doing 98kph which is over 60MPH, the maximum speed limit for a lorry on a motorway or dual carriageway in the UK, so you were still speeding even if there were no 50 limit. The more you post the more you prove you shouldn’t be driving for a living.

what would’ve happened if you got to where ever you were going 1min later? nothing thats what. no point at all. i would rather be late for couple of minutes thsn have to deal with all this bullhsit

Interesting… I was ‘minding me own’ along the M4 w/b 19-20 the other week, matrix suddenly lit up at 40 in all lanes…limit had been showing 50 on the entry slip from M32 only when I passed, until somebody decided to switch them all on but by this time, I was about 50 yards away from the next gantry and not in a position to hit the brakes for the sake of my license or the National Express coach behind who was kindly wiping the dirt from the trailer number plate, so this ‘visible from 100’s of yards’ stuff ain’t wishing with me…and no, I didn’t get flashed! Did someone say on here a while back that you get 20 seconds from ‘lights on’ till camera goes live??

what about using the offside overtaking thrid lane in 50mph zones? i have been using them for the past 2 weeks cause of people middle lane hogging and others travellin at 45mph when i can clearly overtake in a 5second span.

Will i get a shiny fine in the post or do i have to just watch out for pod

When I come up against some traffic, I take the first slip road off, go round the roundabout and enter the opposite carriageway in the wrong direction.
I give it full beam and air horns and it’s only the hard shoulder so no one can complain really.
Is this bad, will I go to heaven?

TruckDriverBen:
what about using the offside overtaking thrid lane in 50mph zones? i have been using them for the past 2 weeks cause of people middle lane hogging and others travellin at 45mph when i can clearly overtake in a 5second span.

Why?
Don’t say because of people hogging the middle lane.
Is it because you can’t keep to your company’s schelude, or because you want to get home a little earlier?

Or… A complete lack of self control which many drivers suffer from. It’s everyone else’s fault that they need to be somewhere a few minutes earlier. :unamused:

TruckDriverBen:

Hopefully, if the road is 3 lane at the time, arguably as the third lane is a reduced width lane to boot in such places a good copper could get a careless or possible dangerous driving charge to stick.
One hopes this is a wind up, but sadly seen too often on the M6 sections 'tween Stoke/Stafford, usually some spanner in a subbie wagon towing a foreign based forwarders tat for 95p per loaded mile :unamused: , which maybe just covers monkey rates in the driving seat.

Conor:
The more you post the more you prove you shouldn’t be driving for a living.

Bruh, I live for the driving. I’d do it for free. :sunglasses:

Franglais:

TruckDriverBen:

Why?
Don’t say because of people hogging the middle lane.
Is it because you can’t keep to your company’s schelude, or because you want to get home a little earlier?

Hesitate to quote myself, But…
How much time to we save by overtaking?
Over a ten mile stretch what is the time saving by overtaking here?
What is the time difference between travelling at 50mph or 45mph?
10miles at 45mph takes 0.222hr.
Multiply by 60 that’s 13min 20sec.
50mph it’s 12min.
Over ten miles an overtake saves 1min 20 seconds. If nearer the end of the section even less time saved.

ETS:

Conor:

ETS, just as a matter of interest what kind of driver do you class yourself as?

jakethesnake:

ETS:

Conor:

ETS, just as a matter of interest what kind of driver do you class yourself as?

The kind you don’t want to meet, on the road or off it

Conor:
you said you were doing 98kph which is over 60MPH,

Well it’s not my best, I’ve done better.