Does CPC have to be passed in home country?

Does any member have experience of a similar situation to mine, please?
At the moment, I’ve got a Spanish driving licence with HGV & PCV entitlements, which were swapped over from my UK licence before they brought in the hideous CPC idea.
If I do the CPC course in Spain, will the CPC card be valid for working in UK (or vice-versa, come to that)
(I know the 35 hours would all be in Spanish, but from what my mates in UK tell me, understanding what you’re being taught isn’t a requirement!! Lol)
Thanks for any help you can give.
Geoff.

Hi Geoffllo.From what i have been told its valid thoughout EU regardless.I have an English passport,a Dutch driving licence,a Swedish digi card and diverse diplomas and am doing the dcpc in Swedish as i live here and everything is perfectly legal.

An EU issued DQC is valid throughout the EU.

Have a friend who has an Irish CPC and drives on a Northern Irish licence with no problems so it would seem that as long as you have done the course and have the card you are ok

The CPC should be done in either the country you normally reside or the country you’re working in, but as has been said once you’ve acquired the DQC it’s valid in any EU country.

Article 9 - Directive 2003/59/EC

Drivers referred to in Article 1(a) and 1(b) shall undergo the
periodic training referred to in Article 7 in the Member State in which they have their normal
residence or the Member State in
which they work.

Article 10 - Directive 2003/59/EC.

The driver qualification card issued by Member States shall be
mutually recognised. When the card is issued, the competent authorities shall check the
validity of the driving licence whose
number is mentioned on the card.