Does bus CPC cover Hgv cpc

Hi, I’ve passed my car test in 1993 , bus test in 2001 and I’ve been driving a bus for living since then, and now I’ve just passed cat 2 on Friday and what I would like to know is if my bus CPC covers Hgv cpc. I’m not British so I don’t know if the "acquired rights"apply to me.
Any constructive help will be grateful
TIA

No it don’t

Before doing the HGV test (presumably cat C) did you have cat C1 on your licence ?

I assume you did the therory, hazard perception and cpc conversion test for class 2 before you did your test. If this is the case you will need to module 4 and you will have 5 years hgv cpc. You will still have your bus cpc untill it expires. When you do your next cpc courses for next 5 years it will then cover you for both hgv and pcv.

Your DQC card will show on the back which categories it covers. If you did the periodic dcpc, then it may cover for both as you held both c1 and a d at the time. Not all periodic dcpc courses are valid for both however, so you may be unlucky.
Check your card, there is your answer.

Asad_uk:
I assume you did the therory, hazard perception and cpc conversion test for class 2 before you did your test. If this is the case you will need to module 4 and you will have 5 years hgv cpc. You will still have your bus cpc untill it expires. When you do your next cpc courses for next 5 years it will then cover you for both hgv and pcv.

Yes I did the Theory and Hazard but not the conversion before practical because my driving school said that I’ll be covered for both on my actual bus CPC which is strange because I haven’t got C1 entitlement.

tachograph:
Before doing the HGV test (presumably cat C) did you have cat C1 on your licence ?

No, I don’t have C1 entitlement

Did you convert your foreign car driving licence to a UK driving licence after 1997?

I expect the answer is yes, which would explain why you don’t have cat C1 (7.5 tonne lorry) on your licence.

People who passed the car driving test in the UK before 1997 automatically got a C1 (7.5 tonne lorry) added to their licence…hence have grandad rights.

As you don’t have C1 on your licence you will have to do mod 2 (similar to mod 1a, but the questions are asked in a different way) and mod 4 (the walk around a lorry answering “show me, tell me” type questions) in order to get your initial CPC. This will give you a CPC card which lasts for 5 years. During this 5 years you will have to do 35 hours (ie. 5 days x 7 hours) of CPC courses in order to renew your CPC card when it runs out after 5 years.

Can you book mod 2 online, like you did mod 1a and mod 1b?

What did you pass on Friday? Was it mod 3 (the practical driving test) for HGV Class 2 (LGV cat C) or mod 2 (the CPC theory test)?

carlston49:
Did you convert your foreign car driving licence to a UK driving licence after 1997?

I expect the answer is yes, which would explain why you don’t have cat C1 (7.5 tonne lorry) on your licence.

People who passed the car driving test in the UK before 1997 automatically got a C1 (7.5 tonne lorry) added to their licence…hence have grandad rights.

As you don’t have C1 on your licence you will have to do mod 2 (similar to mod 1a, but the questions are asked in a different way) and mod 4 (the walk around a lorry answering “show me, tell me” type questions) in order to get your initial CPC. This will give you a CPC card which lasts for 5 years. During this 5 years you will have to do 35 hours (ie. 5 days x 7 hours) of CPC courses in order to renew your CPC card when it runs out after 5 years.

Can you book mod 2 online, like you did mod 1a and mod 1b?

What did you pass on Friday? Was it mod 3 (the practical driving test) for HGV Class 2 (LGV cat C) or mod 2 (the CPC theory test)?

On Friday I did pass the Mod 3(Practical) with Show me tell me questions before the driving test.

The Theory multi choice and hazard perception I did it about 2 weeks ago.

mod 1a and mod 1b and mod 3 gets you a HGV Class 2 driving licence. So you now have that.

mod 2 and mod 4 gets you a CPC card which lasts for 5 years.

It sounds like you haven’t done mod 2 or mod 4. You have to do mod 2 (CPC case studies test) before you do mod 4.

You book mod 2 in the same way that you booked mod 1a (multiple choice theory test) and mod 1b (hazard perception test).

carlston49:
mod 1a and mod 1b and mod 3 gets you a HGV Class 2 driving licence. So you now have that.

mod 2 and mod 4 gets you a CPC card which lasts for 5 years.

It sounds like you haven’t done mod 2 or mod 4. You have to do mod 2 (CPC case studies test) before you do mod 4.

You book mod 2 in the same way that you booked mod 1a (multiple choice theory test) and mod 1b (hazard perception test).

Ok thanks for the reply, I need to contact the driving school because they didn’t booked those 2 modules. Do you know the price for those 2 tests? Thanks

Module 2 is about £25 and module 4 is about £150. No driving involved in module 4. You just need a truck to demonstrate your checks.