Does anyone know?

If you get a nip for say 55 on a dual carraigeway would they offer you a speed awareness course?

What if you have already got 6 points but not for speeding? Say for due care and attention CD10.

Anybody any ideas?

Speed awareness course would be offered I reckon.

Don’t worry about it mate. I’ve rolled up to 58 (on speedo) through a speed trap on a dual and nothing happened. Not condoning it, but at 55 the police simply won’t bother you.

AIUI points are not taken into consideration, you’re only ineligble if you’ve done a course within the last 3 years.

Sorry I was jumping the gun. Have you actually been booked for doing 55 or are you just worried you might have been?

Im not worried about it, just went under a bridge with rozzers on it on the a14 on tuesday, the scamera didnt look like a normal mobile speed camera to be honest but i was passing a reefer driver doing about 50 then slowing to 40 then speeding up to 50 and so on so i thought i’d nip round him!

If i get a nip its my fault, but dont want to lose my job for a 15 second overtake

A lad I know let it roll to 57 on the A41 in Shropshire and he got flashed by speed camera. Got a speed awareness course paid for by his union!!

Squiddy:
Don’t worry about it mate. I’ve rolled up to 58 (on speedo) through a speed trap on a dual and nothing happened. Not condoning it, but at 55 the police simply won’t bother you.

You were lucky then mate. “Kamaro” on here got done for 57 by a camera van on a duel piece of the 303. I reckon it all depends on witch way the winds blowing with em on the day.

Basically you get 10% over the speed limit plus 2 or 3 mph. At 55mph you are fine. I got done doing 70 in a van on a dual carriage way by a road side cop van. And guess what? I was overtaking a car doing 60 and the car sped up to 70 to try to stop me overtaking so I sped up to get past the zb. What is their problem with getting overtaken by a commercial vehicle? He was fine pottering along at 60 till he saw me try to overtake :imp:

You get tea and biscuits on the the speed awareness course, but ■■■■ me it goes on so long I would have preferred to have taken the 3 points and fine.

why truck driver’s speed is beyond me. more so when you are paid by the hour…
i have no sympathy for anyone getting done for speeding.

Did anyone ask for sympathy? Prick

I put my car in the garage for an engine management fault they took it for a test drive and got done doing 41mph in a 30mph. The letter said 10%+2+9(max), so at 41mph speed awareness course was being offered, this was Notts police, don’t know if this is national!

Lee G:
Did anyone ask for sympathy? Prick

Say what you mean and don’t hold back.

Ken.

Got done on A64 around York earlier in year. Clocked at 57mph.

Had to go on awarness course. N Yorks police only prosecute at 57 or over in a 50 zone.

I wish that they would prosecute bad drivers and not just fast drivers,there is a big difference between the two.

alamcculloch:
I wish that they would prosecute bad drivers and not just fast drivers,there is a big difference between the two.

The courts would be over stretched :wink:

I do 55mph down the A38 five nights a week and get passed by the local constabulary at least once a week with no problem, last time was last wednesday. No cameras to worry about either on my stretch. As far as I’m concerned I make the job work for me, yes it’s speeding and yes I’m hourly paid, I still make it last 12 hrs minimum by having a snooze in the hub before returning to depot. That works for me better than poodling along at 50-52 while tired.

Only trolley dollies and novices stick to the speed limit on duel carriageways. I’ve been overtaken many a time doing 90ks by traffic cops who haven’t even blinked an eye.

I doubt the rozzers would even bother pointing their camera at you, let alone fill out any paperwork necessary to book you.

If you were clanging it along at 100ks, I think you’d be pushing your luck.

If you have been nicked I think the speed awareness course depends on the area. I got caught in my truck in Preston 5-6 years ago doing 36 in a 30. When I got the summons it stated that if I had been doing 35 ( 10% + 2 ) then I would have been offered the speed awareness course but at 36 it was 3 points plus £60 fine. Just as those points went off my licence I tripped the speed camera on the A556 at Tabley heading towards Northwich from Junct 19 M6 (this camera can detect between cars and trucks so do be wary as the speed limit signs are for cars speed ) again in the truck, my recorded speed was 46. I was sent summons for again another 3 points and fine. Because of work and change of address I went passed the 28 days and ended up having to appear in the local court. I pleaded guilty but I asked why the speed awareness course was not offered because I was within the 10% + 2. The magistrate said that because I was in a truck and my tacho/speedometer should be calibrated on a regular basis they did not have to allow for the 10% as my speedo should be accurate and I therefore should have known I was speeding. Ended up with a £210 fine. £15 costs and 3 points.
Last year in the works transit in Bolton ( my own fault again ) I got caught doing 38 in a 30 I genuinely thought it was a 40 zone and I had already seen the mobile speed camera ahead and had slowed down. Now I was over the 10% + 2 (35mph) so I though hell no another 3 points, but when the summons came through I was offered the speed awareness course of which I took, £15 more than the standard £60 fine but no points and to be honest I not so much learnt something but was reminded of the things over a period of time (22 years ago since taking my last driving test LGV ) I had forgotten. As you can see from my misdermeeners it all depends on which area you are in at the time. One thing I was told that if caught again no matter where in the country I could not go on another speed awareness course for the next 3 years so any speeding would be an automatic fine.